BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
tenor.gif

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I could see a potential tie between several teams at 6-3 for that second place spot since only one team is undefeated through 3 games. If the play continues the way it has so far outside of KU and Baylor there will be a bit bottleneck. I obviously hope we beat them but KSU and Tech are going to get some wins against teams other than KU and Baylor which will help keep everyone close. I'd think if we somehow tie for 2nd the OU win might be help in some tiebreaker criteria.

Reactions: brentblum

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Great article, and I love the thinking! Instead of settling for six wins, why not envision a season for the ages? I always love it when a team goes for a touchdown on 3rd and 1, instead of just trying to get the first down. I agree with you; with the level of football this team has played this year (and last!), they are much better than many realize. They were in position to have more wins last year, but couldn't hold on to substantial late-game leads, against very good teams. (OSU and Baylor are the two I remember off the top of my head?)

Also, I hate being a nazi, but noticed a typo: in the 8th paragraph, it says "tenants" when the word should be tenets. Just wanted to mention it, in case you felt like editing the article. :)

Reactions: brentblum

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
As my dear old pappy likes to say: "The sun shines on a dogs @$$ every once in a while". Why not Iowa State? If they can keep being consistent like they have all season things could get very interesting. I guess I'll sit back and enjoy the ride and see where it leads.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
One game at a time...but the stats highlighted in the article give us a abundance of confidence for the rest of the season.

I like how our perspective of the season has changed from seasons past. I've seen less of "that was a great win against a good opponent, but this next one...wow, umm, not sure how we're gonna slow them down" .....and more of "that was a great win against a good opponent, we have weapons A, B and C that play into next week's opponent, I'm confident we have a shot here." Is this what culture change feels like? ....cause I like it.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s fun to think about! I can’t imagine his excited we would all be if we win on Saturday.

I do have one nit to pick. While I expect the coaches and players to go out and try to win every game snd expect to win every game, I don’t think the fans have to do that. It’s not like the players snd coaches so back and say “well the fans only expect 5 or 6 wins, so we don’t have to try”.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
We need to get to November before we guzzle the kool aide. Tech in hot weather Saturday is going to be challenge. Just for the record I was planning on watching football Dec. 2 already.:)

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Love the optimism. We'll see. Going into the season I figured next year would be the breakthrough season if there was going to be one. It's starting to look like Campbell has the team a year ahead of schedule, but for the time being I'm content to take this one week and one game at a time. Beat Tech!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Texas/OU game last weekend was an indication that ISU's recent play is legit.

Depth is a concern and the Oline needs to improve but no teams left on the schedule are consistently great enough to be unbeatable.

• Agree
Reactions: Blandboy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron