BLUM: Hold your calendars for Dec. 2nd?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
And just putting this out there, but if Iowa State doesn't get to the Big 12 title game, it's not my fault. :)

Clever. You have positioned yourself to take credit for being the first one to go public with this possibility, but also established plausible deniability if they don't.

Reactions: brentblum

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Geez....why don't you just go break some mirrors in the football complex and make CMC walk under a ladder while a black cat walks in front?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Geez....why don't you just go break some mirrors in the football complex and make CMC walk under a ladder while a black cat walks in front?
These don't work anymore after the Cubs won the World Series.

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Or Blum needs to read the negative Nancys. ;) I guess we'll all know in a few weeks, just who was right and who was wrong.

As a fan I don't understand the "take one game at a time approach". As a team, yes. As a fan, why? It's fun to think that half way through the season we actually have a fairly legitimate chance at the conference championship. Either way, I'm still happy with the improvement they've shown and the excitement this season has already brought.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If Baylor can come out of nowhere and see success, why can't Iowa State? Just without, you know, all the rapes.
Baylor didn't really come out of nowhere. They're surrounded by recruits and hired a coach that had great success on offense. Plus the whole private-school-willing-to-sell-their-soul thing,

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
That’s a tantalizing pitcher of Cardinal and Gold Kool Aide you’re putting out there, Blum. But I’m not drinking any of it unless we win the next two games. If we do win the next two games, I’m chugging the whole thing.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I think the real question is whether we want revenge on Texas or would rather give TCU a second loss (both to ISU) in the Big12 championship. Before we head to the playoffs.

Reactions: SiouxCityCyclone

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I think the real question is whether we want revenge on Texas or would rather give TCU a second loss (both to ISU) in the Big12 championship. Before we head to the playoffs.
Playoffs are out for us, sadly, even if by Great Odin's Raven, we do somehow win out.
I wouldn't care though. I would enjoy the heck out of that Sugar Bowl.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Kansas State's offense finished higher than 6th 4 times in that time frame. Scoring offense is where it counts. They were 4th 3 times and 5th once. Never use total offense always use Scoring offense because you don't win games with yards but you do win games with points :D

False advertising implying that Kansas never had a top half of the conference offense.

BTW- The one year their offense did NOT finish in the top half of the conference...they went 6-7...their worst record in that time frame

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Playoffs are out for us, sadly, even if by Great Odin's Raven, we do somehow win out.
I wouldn't care though. I would enjoy the heck out of that Sugar Bowl.

Hey, if a 2-loss Ohio State team can get in after winning a conference championship game...

(Yes, I know we could go 13-0 and still get passed over for a 3-loss Michigan team).

Reactions: harimad

GuyMcPerson

Sep 6, 2016
Kansas State's offense finished higher than 6th 4 times in that time frame. Scoring offense is where it counts. They were 4th 3 times and 5th once. Never use total offense always use Scoring offense because you don't win games with yards but you do win games with points :D

False advertising implying that Kansas never had a top half of the conference offense.

BTW- The one year their offense did NOT finish in the top half of the conference...they went 6-7...their worst record in that time frame

The 6-7 year you are referring to was 2015 when Ertz tore his ACL on the 2nd play of the season and they were stuck with 6'6, slow, clumsy Joe Huebner (who I believe was a walk on) trying to run that offense. 6-6 regular season when disaster strikes...that's awesome.

Blum makes it sound like their offense has been mediocre because they don't put up Big 12 air raid yardage, when nothing could be further from the truth. In 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016 their offense was 10th, 16th, 18th, and 19th nationally in offensive efficiency.

Long term, sustained consistency on offense with minimal NFL talent...the wonders of a running QB. Even a terrible QB like Ertz ran for 1,000 yards last year en route to that talentless team going 9-4.