Paperclip Game (Don't Play this Game)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've learned that if I get to -10,000 ops, it gives me an option to buy Quantum Temporal Reversion - which resets the game...
Yes, I found that out as well. I wasn't sure what it would do when I clicked it and just figured I better not start again

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Several times I've seen the drifters go down to zero, only for it to pop back up to 3.4 sextillion without a few seconds...wtf lol.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Several times I've seen the drifters go down to zero, only for it to pop back up to 3.4 sextillion without a few seconds...wtf lol.

Those drifters are your drones that you lost to "drift". Essentially you are your own worst enemy.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Those drifters are your drones that you lost to "drift". Essentially you are your own worst enemy.

Ahhh...makes sense. For some reason I figured the drifters were the one you were combating with.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ahhh...makes sense. For some reason I figured the drifters were the one you were combating with.

They are.

Think of it this way: some (actually, a crapload) of your drones get lost while exploring the depths of space. Now, whether it's due to corruption or the tech forgets where it comes from, the "drifters" become the enemy. You are literally fighting yourself (or what was once a part of you).

While plotwise it's not the same, if you've ever watched Battlestar Galactica, you get it. The Cylons originally served the humans of the 12 Colonies. The Cylons disappeared, then came back years later and attempted to wipe out their creators - and almost succeeded.

Reactions: harimad and Gorm

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
They are.

Think of it this way: some (actually, a crapload) of your drones get lost while exploring the depths of space. Now, whether it's due to corruption or the tech forgets where it comes from, the "drifters" become the enemy. You are literally fighting yourself (or what was once a part of you).

While plotwise it's not the same, if you've ever watched Battlestar Galactica, you get it. The Cylons originally served the humans of the 12 Colonies. The Cylons disappeared, then came back years later and attempted to wipe out their creators - and almost succeeded.

Wow, you are a true geek;)

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
But, it's pretty much impossible for me to get them. My memory isn't high enough and I can't get enough trust to get more.

I've been basically stuck in the same spot for the last 8 hours or so, but I'm now only 1 Memory level away. A couple billion more clips and I'll be there.

Too many trust levels spent on processors screws you over pretty good

Reactions: Cytasticlone

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
I've been basically stuck in the same spot for the last 8 hours or so, but I'm now only 1 Memory level away. A couple billion more clips and I'll be there.

Too many trust levels spent on processors screws you over pretty good
Just restart. it takes less time to get back to that point than it does waiting for enough clips to be built

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
you have to get to the point where you can change the "Von Neumann Probe" properties so that you can generate new factory, harvester, and wire drones. i can't remember if you just need more memory, CPU, creativity, or yomi, but you will eventually be presented with that project opportunity.

you'll also have to bump up exploration and speed in order to find new raw materials.

I seem to be stuck. I've sent out 10k drones but nothing seems to be happening. I've tried adjusting the 'Von Neumann' properties but no matter what I do my acquired matter is 0 and wire is 0 and nothing happens except I'm adding more factories. Not sure how those factories are making clips without wire though

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I seem to be stuck. I've sent out 10k drones but nothing seems to be happening. I've tried adjusting the 'Von Neumann' properties but no matter what I do my acquired matter is 0 and wire is 0 and nothing happens except I'm adding more factories. Not sure how those factories are making clips without wire though

My explored space remained at 0.000000000000000000% until I boosted Exploration up to 4 or 5. Once I boosted that, I was at 100% in another 20 minutes or so. I continued boosting it though-- I think it ended up at 14.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
So, I'm lost, what am I supposed to do now?

View attachment 50861

I'd let the Creativity hit what you need to get the Yomi boost project, then I would focus on earning Yomi in the tournament and using that to get the Self-Replication and Remediation values up -- otherwise, you'll have trouble getting some probes to survive (right now yours have all been lost). Once you get your probe numbers on the upswing, then boost harvester and wire drone values. Once you have those drones around, then you can worry about the factory drones.

Gorm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I got to the end and started again.

What am I doing with my life. LOL

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron