What is going on with the I35/Hwy 30 interchange?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yes, I know the master plan. Driving by today it looks like they are tearing down the giant T shaped pier they poured a month or two ago on the SE side of the interchange.
During the time they were forming it, I noticed the exterior was all done in brick, so there's no way this is a cheap screw up.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Yes, I know the master plan. Driving by today it looks like they are tearing down the giant T shaped pier they poured a month or two ago on the SE side of the interchange.
During the time they were forming it, I noticed the exterior was all done in brick, so there's no way this is a cheap screw up.

I noticed that too. Not sure, but I think someone done ****** up

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Rumor has it that they created a "practice pillar" to make sure that they weren't going to screw up the real deal.

Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But everyone on the Facebook group "Ames People" says so, and their reasoning makes sense.

• Agree
Reactions: TOFB4ISU

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Rumor has it that they created a "practice pillar" to make sure that they weren't going to screw up the real deal.

Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But everyone on the Facebook group "Ames People" says so, and their reasoning makes sense.

That's ******* stupid. No way they would do that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Insert Burgundy I don't believe that.

Why would there be brick on the practice one?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Never mind, evidently someone contacted the DOT.

- Poor pour of the concrete with cracks all over

- Serious settling issue

And they claim the business that ****** it up is paying for it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

- Serious settling issue

Wow, that's gotta be a schedule killer.

• Disagree
Reactions: LSGOST8

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Along with this, they say the whole project has been absolute **** quality to the point where the DOT is essentially babysitting the company who's supposed to get this done.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

- Serious settling issue

Of course the contractor is paying for it. That will also put them behind forcing them to pay OT to catch up or late penalties for not finishing on time.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Along with this, they say the whole project has been absolute **** quality to the point where the DOT is essentially babysitting the company who's supposed to get this done.

Makes sense why they had all the new brand new cranes on site. Never worked a big enough job to necessitate buying them before??

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron