B12 players rank Lazard as B12 top NFL prospect

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
It's too bad he's like, waayy too slow

New to Iowa state and haven't watched Lazard play a single snap to be honest. I'm guessing this is sarcasm? Or his 1 knock the 'experts' have on him? I know he is a highly touted talent for the draft next year, but I don't know a lot about his skill set.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
New to Iowa state and haven't watched Lazard play a single snap to be honest. I'm guessing this is sarcasm? Or his 1 knock the 'experts' have on him? I know he is a highly touted talent for the draft next year, but I don't know a lot about his skill set.
Speed is probably the one 'weakness' in his game. He's not slow, but I wouldn't call him fast either.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Yeah, he doesn't have elite speed by any means. He's also one of those guys that makes incredible catches, and then drops a routine one. Our QB play this year will probably be the best he's ever had, so I'm excited what Lazard can do.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Yeah, it is probably the one thing people could point to as why he isn't more highly regarded. But it was mostly sarcasm based on a Iowa fan's troll post about how their TE can run a faster 40 and how he should change to TE.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Great opportunity for him in the national spotlight next Thursday. It speaks to how good he can be when he has 19 catches and three TDs through three games and everyone is looking for more from him.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Great opportunity for him in the national spotlight next Thursday. It speaks to how good he can be when he has 19 catches and three TDs through three games and everyone is looking for more from him.
I think the only disappointing thing with Lazard is the drops. He could have close to 10 more catches by making the simple ones.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think the only disappointing thing with Lazard is the drops. He could have close to 10 more catches by making the simple ones.

Yeah, I know. I wish he was a little more consistent making the routine catch. I don't know if that's a concentration issue or a technique issue. Every once in a while it looks like he just lets the ball get on his pads instead of catching it away from his body. It's frustrating because he tends to make the really spectacular catches look so easy.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, I know. I wish he was a little more consistent making the routine catch. I don't know if that's a concentration issue or a technique issue. Every once in a while it looks like he just lets the ball get on his pads instead of catching it away from his body. It's frustrating because he tends to make the really spectacular catches look so easy.
It seems like he loses focus, or starts running before he makes the catch. I'm really hopeful that it gets fixed throughout the season, but I understand that it has been an issue his entire career and he isn't likely to completely change now. It just seems like, if you only have around 10 chances each game to make a play I would think you should be laser-focused to make it happen.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It seems like he loses focus, or starts running before he makes the catch. I'm really hopeful that it gets fixed throughout the season, but I understand that it has been an issue his entire career and he isn't likely to completely change now. It just seems like, if you only have around 10 chances each game to make a play I would think you should be laser-focused to make it happen.

We'll see. I think all the receivers are still getting used to catching Park's fastballs, so that might be a part of it too.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Cotton-Moya got a few votes in the "hardest hitter" poll, too.

Always good to see guys getting some recognition from their peers. If nothing else, it's a sign of respect.

This has done nothing for KCM but get him injured. A LOT.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sometimes it is exactly that that gets in a receiver's way. They have limited opportunities so they are trying so hard to make the big play on every catch. This often leads to taking eyes off the ball to plan the run after catch and a missed catch.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...want-expansion-team-overwhelming-favorite-add

Well, tied with Mason Rudolph and James Washington.

scaletowidth
No Montgomery?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron