Iowa State vs OU

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
One of the worst, if not worst, head to head records of any D1 matchup. Last win came exactly two weeks before I was born.

Humbling, and seems to defy random odds.

I'll one-up ya: ISU's most-recent win over OU in Ames occurred 3 years before I was born. And I'm on the "older" fringe of CF demographic, I'm sure.

andyokstate

Mar 5, 2013
I find myself saying, "I miss the Big 8" a lot...but that is usually talking about basketball. Big 8 football history is painful for most programs not named OU or Nebraska. We went over 40 years between beating Nebraska (1961 and 2002). And beat OU maybe 6 times in that same span. I'm guessing ISU had similar amounts of pain and misery.

They have our number, but they can say that about most other programs as well. I feel your pain.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I had so much hype going into the 02 game in Norman. The whole game is on YouTube and the opening commentary confirms the hype was real.

As a wise woman once said, "You know nothing, tejasclone."

From the very first series of that game, it was clear that OU was still several echelons of talent higher than the Cyclones were, even though both programs were, at the time, ranked in the Top 10.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid
L

LincolnWay187

We have to beat OU at some point statistically. Idk I think this isu team is potentially better than the 2011 team that beat osu. Likely though? Hell no.

Help Support Us

Become a patron