Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, does anybody have upper deck seats for football. Wife told her dad we would get him ûni and Iowan tickets for his birthday. Some I bought a couple mini packs , anytime someone gets to sit in worse seats than our regular seats, I get the duty.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So, does anybody have upper deck seats for football. Wife told her dad we would get him ûni and Iowan tickets for his birthday. Some I bought a couple mini packs , anytime someone gets to sit in worse seats than our regular seats, I get the duty.
We were in 3rd row, south end of M for six years, then moved to 4th row north end of N for six years. I was able to see just fine. One advantage of a "smaller" stadium is that even the upper decks can still see the action on the field. I can't vouch for endzone seating at this point, but with the mobile passes we bought, we'll probably end up down there once or twice. :)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

We are in the very top row. We were last year too. I like it, room to spread out, can see fine. Two years ago for the CyHawk game, we had one of those bimbo Hawk fans who liked to high pitch scream about everything in our ears before she puked and left. Top row, no one screams right in your ear.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
His dad was my PE teacher in high school.

I always liked him. Played against him in high school. Only person I ever sacked as he was their quarterback (I only played defense sparingly). Just seemed like a hard worker.

Also played against Mike Follett at Valley, who later went on to play TE at Iowa. Almost sacked him but got my finger stuck in his Jersey and he literally dragged me around for five yards instead. That dude was huge in high school.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Upper deck in the corners or sidelines?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife has developed an annoying habit. She will shut the lights off in any room she Is not in. Routinely I'm in the room putting things away, folding clothes, reading a magazine or such. For a person that is not thrifty, I'm not understanding this.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
@Cybirdy. What Is your fall looking like? Had our VB scrimmage Tuesday and FB one is tomorrow night. Youth FB starts practice tonight (found out with first that if you don't agree To help coach then your kid doesn't play much if the dad is not from here). So I will get to have a daughter mad because I may miss a few games (wife will make it) since I am coaching another. Somehow I will need to squeeze ISU games and harvest in also.

Everything is falling on T/Th. HS volleyball games? T/Th. Youth volleyball practice and games? T/Th. Club softball practices in DSM? T/Th. So at some point this fall I may need to figure out cloning.

We had our scrimmages for VB yesterday. There is an insane number of girls out for volleyball. I think 9th grade alone has over 20 girls, and that does not include the 3 that are pulled up to JV/V. And it sounds like there are a lot on JV, too. The oldest will play 9th grade, hoping to get quite a bit of playing time. The Fall Sports Kickoff if tomorrow with parent meetings, individual sport meetings, teams being announced before the football scrimmage, and then the football scrimmage.

She is also in marching band so will be at home football games. Club softball season will start beginning of Sept and they will play 5-6 weekends between mid-Sep and end of Oct.

Reactions: carvers4math

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
it's something I kinda wanted to be "not my circus" about but could have had pretty far-reaching impact and I decided I wasn't comfortable with letting it go even though it really wasn't my realm.
You really should be comfortable letting go of your poop. It's fine for a while but it can make you pretty uncomfortable not to.

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I always liked him. Played against him in high school. Only person I ever sacked as he was their quarterback (I only played defense sparingly). Just seemed like a hard worker.

Also played against Mike Follett at Valley, who later went on to play TE at Iowa. Almost sacked him but got my finger stuck in his Jersey and he literally dragged me around for five yards instead. That dude was huge in high school.
His dad was super nice, too. He also taught PE to the Special Ed kids. He was so good with those kids and always said that was his favorite part of the day.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Wife has developed an annoying habit. She will shut the lights off in any room she Is not in. Routinely I'm in the room putting things away, folding clothes, reading a magazine or such. For a person that is not thrifty, I'm not understanding this.
I'll trade with you. My wife will turn lights on as she leaves a room. I mean, seriously...

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

She's just trying to irritate you. Each time she does this and the kids aren't around use it as an opportunity to try for sex. You'll either get laid a lot or she'll quit turning the lights off on you. Either way it's a win. ;)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Everything is falling on T/Th. HS volleyball games? T/Th. Youth volleyball practice and games? T/Th. Club softball practices in DSM? T/Th. So at some point this fall I may need to figure out cloning.

We had our scrimmages for VB yesterday. There is an insane number of girls out for volleyball. I think 9th grade alone has over 20 girls, and that does not include the 3 that are pulled up to JV/V. And it sounds like there are a lot on JV, too. The oldest will play 9th grade, hoping to get quite a bit of playing time. The Fall Sports Kickoff if tomorrow with parent meetings, individual sport meetings, teams being announced before the football scrimmage, and then the football scrimmage.

She is also in marching band so will be at home football games. Club softball season will start beginning of Sept and they will play 5-6 weekends between mid-Sep and end of Oct.

Do you have kids in three different schools now with a ninth grader? Had that for years. Ugh.:( Since the youngest hit high school, at least just for school (but not conflicting activities), I am off of taxi duty with kids in one school and one old enough to drive them. Maybe yours just take the bus? It was a mile walk to catch a bus here. Mine are both in marching band so they can get there at 7:00 a.m. on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron