MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
He didn't get the bat back. Fernando Vina struck out on a play real similar to that years ago. Get your lying eyes checked out.

My eyes are perfectly fine, just wen to the eye doctor actually! As someone said above, his attempt to get out of the way was not an attempt to bunt/swing. Shouldn't have been ruled as such. Maybe it is you who needs your eyes checked, and not be so damn hostile all the time. It's just a message board.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
He most definitely pulled back. The reaction to getting out of the way of a pitch is not a swing.

Yes but he was in bunt position throughout the pitch. He never got out of the bunt position as he was avoiding getting hit. The ump saw what I saw.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
My eyes are perfectly fine, just wen to the eye doctor actually! As someone said above, his attempt to get out of the way was not an attempt to bunt/swing. Shouldn't have been ruled as such. Maybe it is you who needs your eyes checked, and not be so damn hostile all the time. It's just a message board.

My eyes! My correct eyes, my 20/20 eyes. Is that what you are talking about? I want you guys in the World Series, I want redemption. Chris Sale is a great pitcher but David Price can not be trusted in the postseason. I say either you or Cleveland gets to the World Series this year.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
For the record Brenaman thought Zobrist offered at it too just to back me up on this Cubs forum. Regardless, you got the win.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
My eyes! My correct eyes, my 20/20 eyes. Is that what you are talking about? I want you guys in the World Series, I want redemption. Chris Sale is a great pitcher but David Price can not be trusted in the postseason. I say either you or Cleveland gets to the World Series this year.

I sure hope the Sox can make it, but John Farrell is not to be trusted. I would love to see the Cardinals there again, as it would be a fun 3rd time in the last 13 years. If I'm being honest, I would want the Dodgers, as I bet they tighten in the playoffs.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
For the record Brenaman thought Zobrist offered at it too just to back me up on this Cubs forum. Regardless, you got the win.
So two people who have not failed to express their dislike for the Cubs agree it was a strike? Welp we shall all move on then...

Edit:. Just because I love listening to a Brennaman whine about the Cubs, I went back and listened. They agreed with your take, until they saw the side view, at which point they agreed he was trying, and maybe had succeeded, at pulling back.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Maddon's press conference was great. Basically said he likes the guy, but the MLB can not have guys out there who are influencing the game by making such atrocious calls.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This account is golden when we play the Reds:

ytoarRKs_normal.jpg
Red Reporter
@redreporter
This is the first time the Reds haven't allowed a first inning grand slam in the last 1 game.

I enjoy their sense of humor all the way around.

Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron