RECRUITING: Iowa State adds Old Dominion graduate transfer Zoran Talley

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I really love seeing transfers like Talley, Shayok, and Babb because they all come from programs
where they have been well coached defensively.

• Agree
Reactions: r06b and cyfan21

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We're definitely going to look more traditional at most times with our personnel. In the past, teams have had to defend the perimeter first, opening up the middle for us. Now I think we'll put a lot of pressure on teams on the inside, and while we don't have quite the arsenal of snipers that we've had, decent shooters at this level can kill you if you leave them wide open at the three point line.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
We're definitely going to look more traditional at most times with our personnel. In the past, teams have had to defend the perimeter first, opening up the middle for us. Now I think we'll put a lot of pressure on teams on the inside, and while we don't have quite the arsenal of snipers that we've had, decent shooters at this level can kill you if you leave them wide open at the three point line.

Yeah, remember those years during the Hoiberg era where we would leave a crappy player open and they would always shoot lights out? Playing those guys on FanDuel made me some money.

I am going to miss those fast breaks where guys like Thomas would spot up and launch 3s rather than attack the basket.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I feel good about the roster now, going into a season with 9 guys on scholarship that can play would have been asking for trouble injury wise. I think this pick up alone might have added 2 wins to the end of the season win total which is huge considering we're likely to be a bubble team. It will be interesting if we do pull in any other players.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Anyone have any insight on how the coaches go about evaluating transfers like this? Do they have access to a secret stash of full-game videos? Or are there paid services out there like Hudl that maintain a library of highlights of every player (not available for free)?

CLONER99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2015
Anyone have any insight on how the coaches go about evaluating transfers like this? Do they have access to a secret stash of full-game videos? Or are there paid services out there like Hudl that maintain a library of highlights of every player (not available for free)?

Mostly just YouTube

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I think they mostly just look at message boards to see if the fans think the player is worth an offer.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
as an advanced scout for my own personal scouting service, i think i can handle this question. They do actually have a secret stash of homemade video of the games. Generally the video goes to the highest bidder. For example Deshante Nichols was an unknown player out of fairport, ia but UK got access to the secret video and signed him. most of recruiting is smoke and mirrors, half the time the kids dont even know where they signed. Its a really just a secret stash of secrets and they make secret the access code for the vault of highlights. The vault of highlights is a magical place where you hide the highlights of people you are recruiting.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Where do you guys see Talley fitting in? We already have a very highly regarded SF in Terrence Lewis, who I still believe, may start this year. Is Talley essentially a 7th or 8th man?

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
Hopefully another chapter in the Hogue / Bowie story. We've had a guy these past few years that has locked down on D, provided some clutch rebounds, and buckets on the inside. Anything else is gravy.

• Agree
Reactions: woodm07

Swatcity

May 20, 2015
Anyone want to give some insight as to his position on this team, he seems to be either a 3 or 4 depending on lineup size we want to go with. Would he sub in for babb at the 3 or come in at the 4 for Brase, is Brase even a 4?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron