Premier League

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Arsenal to finally sign a striker and ink Alexandre Lacazette.

Sign Lemar/Mahrez and hold Sanchez and Arsenal may well be challenging for the title this year.

• Disagree
Reactions: mharder

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Those sons of ******* finally did what they should have done for several years now, sign a big money, world class striker.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Could have had him cheaper last year and maybe we aren't looking at Thursday nights at Ludogrets. **** you Wenger. Leave.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Could have had him cheaper last year and maybe we aren't looking at Thursday nights at Ludogrets. **** you Wenger. Leave.
Saved a few million pounds possibly I suppose, but I highly doubt we were all ready to sign him last year and Wenger was the lone opponent. Either way this is good news, if we can keep Sanchez then it's great news.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Saved a few million pounds possibly I suppose, but I highly doubt we were all ready to sign him last year and Wenger was the lone opponent. Either way this is good news, if we can keep Sanchez then it's great news.

I think he's going to be good just never ending frustration at not adding the right pieces at the right time.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I think he's going to be good just never ending frustration at not adding the right pieces at the right time.
They've added a lot of good pieces though, Cech, Sanchez, Ozil, Xhaka, Mustafi for some examples. For some reason they've either never seriously gone after or never been able to land a top tier striker though.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
They've added a lot of good pieces though, Cech, Sanchez, Ozil, Xhaka, Mustafi for some examples. For some reason they've either never seriously gone after or never been able to land a top tier striker though.

Wenger has consistently tried to hit that home run each summer in regards to needing a striker. Liverpool wouldnt sell us Suarez, Higuain never worked out, and Costa wouldn't be sold to Atletico giving us the chance to sign Griezmann last summer. He went for it again this summer in Mbappe but the difference this year is he realizes that time is running out on his time here and he needed to bring someone in at that next talent level.

With Laca and Kolasinac in, the only weakness I see left is depth at CM and another creative attacker. There's a big drop from Alexis/Ozil to Walcott/Iwobi. Bringing in Mahrez/Lemar would go a long way in filling that gap.

Lemar is my preference. 21 year old with a huge amount of potential and already one of the best crossers in the game. Coupled with the fact that at Caen he played some at CM. He allows us a chance to plug both holes.

I dont see Monaco selling this summer though with Bakayoko, Lemar, and possibly Mendy/Sidibe on the way out this summer. I've heard multiple reports that an agreement is close or has been reached for Mahrez anyway.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I've always like Chicharito for some reason, seems like a good deal for both him and West Ham, I'd say he's good for 10+ goals easy.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
God I watched Everton's Third Round Europa League Qualifier and we still have some work to do.

Only won at home 1-0 against some Slovenian side

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Is anybody planning on pulling the trigger for NBCs Premier League Pass or are most just going to roll with whatever they decide to broadcast on their networks?

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Is anybody planning on pulling the trigger for NBCs Premier League Pass or are most just going to roll with whatever they decide to broadcast on their networks?
Definitely not interested in their new streaming crap, I figure Arsenal will be shown a decent number of times on network TV as it is anyways. I enjoy watching other teams play too, so I'm fine with whatever's on usually.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Definitely not interested in their new streaming crap, I figure Arsenal will be shown a decent number of times on network TV as it is anyways. I enjoy watching other teams play too, so I'm fine with whatever's on usually.

I haven't decided yet, but I think I may give it a shot. Ever since Fulham was relegated, I really don't have a specific club that I support in the PL. So I typically follow the Americans who are over in England. This season that could mean a lot of Stoke and also Newcastle and Huddersfield for Yedlin and Danny Williams. I have a feeling those clubs will have a large percentage of matches available online only.

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
Damnit Barca.... took Suarez from us a couple years back after we finished 2nd, now Coutinho after a top 4 finish and potential to be a real contender this year.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Damnit Barca.... took Suarez from us a couple years back after we finished 2nd, now Coutinho after a top 4 finish and potential to be a real contender this year.
It doesn't sound like that deal is done at this point, so you may still have a chance.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Deanster

Deanster

Mar 3, 2012
It doesn't sound like that deal is done at this point, so you may still have a chance.

I know, but typically these types of deals always go through. I'd be OK with taking around 120 million for the deal if I know it would go towards new signings, but that likely won't happen. Sucks that it's this close to the start of the season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron