UNI Football..

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Ok I know it's July 1st but this is by far most important game of year...it's a must win. Cannot lose to UNI 2 years in a row. Just curious as to what UNI has coming back and what they lost.

I know Dunne the QB is back the big one. And I think they return 3-4 starters OL and Farley at LB will be in his 8th year. Outside of that I can't recall and finding a UNI depth chart is impossible.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'll agree with this the Fanatic meltdown would be colossal if Campbell and co. drop that game. They don't have to look like world beaters but they need the W.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

JarLar

Mar 6, 2016
Ames
Yep seen the roster.

Don't know if I can bare to go rewatch that game. Our offense was so out of sorts. I know UNI got better as year went on and returns a fair amount if I recall.
Oops my bad (also sorry to use LMGTFY;) but I'll search for the lineups in the game and compare)

Edit: according to the game program's starting lineups for UNI, they lose the following.

Defense - Gaeta (DE), Schult (4 tackles, 2 sacks) (DE), Dexter (2 tackles) (LB), Buchanan Jr. (1 tackle) (CB), Whiting (6 tackles) (SS), and Hendrix (FS).

Offense - Brown (WR), Rathje (LG), Hanson (RT), Bailey (135 passing yards - 1 TD, 114 rushing yards - 1 TD) (QB), Smith (68 rushing yards, 43 receiving yards - 1 TD) (RB), and Malloy (9 rushing yards, 16 receiving yards) (FB).

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yep seen the roster.

Don't know if I can bare to go rewatch that game. Our offense was so out of sorts. I know UNI got better as year went on and returns a fair amount if I recall.

UNI was 5-6 last year....they didn't beat ISU because they played well or anything, but it's even tougher of a loss when they just weren't good.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
We shouldn't lose to uni any year, but last year was just plain painful. 3 turnovers on the last 4 drives...
Must win, but I don't think uni will be able to keep this one close this year.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
With ISU football, Ive learned to just watch. If it's a win, awesome. If it's a loss, I just go on with my day. After all the years, it's best to not let it effect my mood. The being said, I'd love to see CMC succeed. He seems like a great dude that genuinely loves Ames.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
What kind of qb is Dunne? Wondering what to expect from UNI's offense.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
What kind of qb is Dunne? Wondering what to expect from UNI's offense.

Dunne is a much better passer, but not nearly as mobile as Bailey was last year. Bailey was essentially another running back that threw like ****. Dunne can sling it, and they have some talented young receivers, but he doesn't move that well. Not very deep on the OL either. DE Schult was the defensive player of the year last year in FCS, and he's gone. Back 7 will be solid, but their DL could struggle. This game will tell us a lot about our line play on both sides.

I disagree with some on here: with the progress made last year, Park taking all the first team reps, and the all the talk this spring, this needs to be a three touchdown win. I'll take a win, but if this team has hopes of a bowl game they can't come out and win by a field goal. Just want us to come out, look competent and be up by 20+ in the third, and get the young guys some reps.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
UNI will have some talent at some skill positions, but if we can't dominate in the trenches on both sides of the ball, it's going to be another long year I'm afraid.

Obviously the days of beating UNI by 40 or 50 are over. They just get too much talent to transfer in from some big time P5 teams IMO for us to blow them out. However, we should still win in the trenches IMO and eventually wear them down by the 3rd and 4th quarters. If that doesn't happen, I'll be concerned for the rest of the season. Only saving grace is that the OL did improve as the season went on last year, but so will every other team we play too.

Help Support Us

Become a patron