Looking for a sport trailer for luggage

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Anybody know a good place to rent or buy a sport trailer? Something you'd see behind a motorcycle or car for hauling luggage. My Dad is taking my sisters to the West coast and back and would like to throw luggage back there. I had one identified but it really isn't road worthy after all so now I'm scrambling to find one for him. It's a one-time use, and he's an over-the-road trucker, so it will be in good hands.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Anybody know a good place to rent or buy a sport trailer? Something you'd see behind a motorcycle or car for hauling luggage. My Dad is taking my sisters to the West coast and back and would like to throw luggage back there. I had one identified but it really isn't road worthy after all so now I'm scrambling to find one for him. It's a one-time use, and he's an over-the-road trucker, so it will be in good hands.
u-haul. https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/Sport-Trailer-Rental/ST/

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines

I've got one of these:
Amazon product

We could probably arrange a way for you to borrow it.
Or they aren't terribly expensive if you wanted to buy one.

UHaul has sport trailers: https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/Sport-Trailer-Rental/ST/
I'm not sure they are available in Des Moines though, or at least they didn't come up in a search. You might have to call and ask about them.

Reactions: stateofmind

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Yeah, I couldn't find one of the ones on uHaul's website for rent. That would've been perfect to keep stuff dry.

Apr 19, 2006
I can't remember the name of the place but it is just North of Des Moines I believe on 2nd ave. They have the pull behind trailers, not sure if you can rent them or not.

Reactions: stateofmind