Creighton BBall - What's Your Take?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Record: 7-0
AP Rank: #10
Best win: Wisky 79-67
Other Notable wins: NC St / Miss / Loyola - MD.
3pt: 46.5% !!
FG: 54%
Best player: Marcus Foster, 18 ppg.

I've only seen them play 3/4 of a game, and they looked pretty solid.
After Doug McBuckets graduated, and Creighton's absorption into Big East, I wouldda thought Coach McDer would have fallen into insignificance. Now, he's got a top 10 team, good guard play, a legit 7-footer + a 6-10 banger, and the home-court Omaha fan base is almost as good Hilton.

I feel our team could lose to them on their court; and maybe sneak out a win on a neutral court. They might give Nova and X some good games and possibly finish top 3-4 in BEast. What do you all think - are they for real?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
they have very good guards like I said at the beginning of the year when people laughed that I said Creighton would be decent this year. They lost their backup forward until February so they will have to keep out of foul trouble. Probably the 3rd best team in the Big East behind Villanova and Xavier. Should be in the 20-25 range throughout the year.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I choose not to acknowledge that the guy who could not pull it together at Iowa State has a team that is 7-0 and ranked 10th at stinking Creighton.

So, I don't know what you're talking about.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Good team, but they are closer to #20. Doubt they are a 2 or 3 seed NCAA team.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I choose not to acknowledge that the guy who could not pull it together at Iowa State has a team that is 7-0 and ranked 10th at stinking Creighton.

So, I don't know what you're talking about.

frustrating, isn't it; he had a top 5 ranking with his kid, today a top 10 team, but couldn't get us in the Dance for 5-years ?#?@??

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My thoughts are we don't play Creighton unless our paths cross in March/April, and they aren't one of the few schools that I cheer for on the side, nor are they one of the schools that I love to hate. Nor do I still carry the burning hate for McDermott that for some reason some people insist on allowing to fester for more than what is it now - 5? 6 years? Not to mention our team has been in a great place since he left?

I guess what I'm saying is the success or lack thereof doesn't affect my life in any meaningful way one iota, so I couldn't care less.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I'm always going to be bitter towards coach loser since I was a student from 2005-10, which is the exact time GMac decided to run the program into the ground. I never got to see Hilton Magic as a student.

**** that guy.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY and ISC

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My problem with McDerp was it wasn't just bad BBall at ISU. It was bad boring BBall. Then he goes to Creighton and starts playing up tempo

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
I went to undergrad at Creighton, so I watch all their games. They are fun to watch. At least if ISU tanks this year (they did not look like a top 25 team last night) I have another team to focus on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron