I'm sitting at Applebee's...

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Wow, Cyclonefanatic. It's been a long time. So long, in fact, that I'm guessing 95% of this board has zero clue who I am. To be fair, I have no clue who GeronimusClone is anymore. Back in the day, he used to be one angry sumbitch that would blast posters with no regard for feelings or backlash - as witnessed by my (is it still a record?) months-long ban back in the day. I made my name by breaking the Chizik to Auburn story and held on to it by trying to get a laugh by any means possible. My ban eventually led to a group of us creating an offsite forum to lament Cyclonefanatic's censorship of us (honestly, it was all justified) which led to Wide Right & Natty Light. I take great pride in being one of the founding members of that site. I love it. I can't take any credit in where it's at now. I was out of the game long ago. I still love it all the same.

So, I'm sitting at Applebee's drinking a beer and thinking about the $700 damage a driver just did to my vehicle by not paying attention (see texting and driving - my assumption) and how my insurance won't cover it because it wasn't an "accident" because I chose to take the curb instead of letting her hit me, when I started surfing the web for CPR stories. I stumbled back across Cyclonefanatic and, after multiple attempts, I remembered my password and tried to navigate the site. It has changed. A lot. Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to post something and I'm fairly confident that when I post this diatribe it will be removed because I didn't follow a new rule I don't know or I hit the wrong button.

Getting old sucks.

So, to the point. I'm looking forward to watching and contributing to CF again. Probably on a limited basis, but still contributing to these forums. I love the passion here. i love the fans. I love the back and forth. I miss it. (just got a call from repair guy - damage is now $1,000 *drinks beer*). I wanted to extend an olive branch to all those guys out there that I offended back in the day. I wasn't a bad dude - I was just unhappy and bringing people down to my level of unhappiness made me happy for some reason. Misery-loves-company kind of thing I guess.

I'm here today 200 pounds lighter. Married. Happy. A son of God and one helluva lot happier. I'm wiser. Little more wordly. Smarter? Only in that I got married and she's smart, so by osmosis I am as well. I wish you all the best and look forward to contributing and advising where I can. I can't wait to hear from some of you Clones I used to chat with a lot back in the day.

For I * S * U!

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
You missed this. Nothing else of note happened.

hGw4Y6G.gif

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Wasn't this your Avatar for a while?
attachment.php

Attachments

• podo1_medium.jpg
    podo1_medium.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,191

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Wow, Cyclonefanatic. It's been a long time. So long, in fact, that I'm guessing 95% of this board has zero clue who I am. To be fair, I have no clue who GeronimusClone is anymore. Back in the day, he used to be one angry sumbitch that would blast posters with no regard for feelings or backlash - as witnessed by my (is it still a record?) months-long ban back in the day. I made my name by breaking the Chizik to Auburn story and held on to it by trying to get a laugh by any means possible. My ban eventually led to a group of us creating an offsite forum to lament Cyclonefanatic's censorship of us (honestly, it was all justified) which led to Wide Right & Natty Light. I take great pride in being one of the founding members of that site. I love it. I can't take any credit in where it's at now. I was out of the game long ago. I still love it all the same.

So, I'm sitting at Applebee's drinking a beer and thinking about the $700 damage a driver just did to my vehicle by not paying attention (see texting and driving - my assumption) and how my insurance won't cover it because it wasn't an "accident" because I chose to take the curb instead of letting her hit me, when I started surfing the web for CPR stories. I stumbled back across Cyclonefanatic and, after multiple attempts, I remembered my password and tried to navigate the site. It has changed. A lot. Took me 15 minutes to figure out how to post something and I'm fairly confident that when I post this diatribe it will be removed because I didn't follow a new rule I don't know or I hit the wrong button.

Getting old sucks.

So, to the point. I'm looking forward to watching and contributing to CF again. Probably on a limited basis, but still contributing to these forums. I love the passion here. i love the fans. I love the back and forth. I miss it. (just got a call from repair guy - damage is now $1,000 *drinks beer*). I wanted to extend an olive branch to all those guys out there that I offended back in the day. I wasn't a bad dude - I was just unhappy and bringing people down to my level of unhappiness made me happy for some reason. Misery-loves-company kind of thing I guess.

I'm here today 200 pounds lighter. Married. Happy. A son of God and one helluva lot happier. I'm wiser. Little more wordly. Smarter? Only in that I got married and she's smart, so by osmosis I am as well. I wish you all the best and look forward to contributing and advising where I can. I can't wait to hear from some of you Clones I used to chat with a lot back in the day.

For I * S * U!
I miss you most at christmas time

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
When I first saw the thread title, I was sure it would read something like "and Jamie Pollard and Les Miles are at the table right next to me!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron