Wow...and we thought the Bubu Case was Crazy (Patrick Kane)

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
It seems to me that there is an equally large portion who assume X celebrity would never have done such a thing and the accuser is a money-chasing *****.

Okay.. So how does protecting people's names until someone is proven guilty rather than assumed guilty harm anyone. Or am I just an athlete fanboy for suggesting the media follow the template set forth by our courts?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Okay.. So how does protecting people's names until someone is proven guilty rather than assumed guilty harm anyone. Or am I just an athlete fanboy for suggesting the media follow the template set forth by our courts?

It doesn't. I'm not calling anyone a fanboy, but trying to point out that the assumptions tend to go both ways in these high profile cases.

I was agreeing with clonefan that it's a good idea but I don't know how you keep it quiet in today's world. Names are leaked even when it's a case in which circumstances state it must remain unknown.

I have nothing against trying it though, and having penalties for those who would disclose that information.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah, this is why the Bubu saga is one of Cyclone Fanatic's darker chapters IMO. Lots of anonymous people ripping the character and reputation of someone who might have been raped. In reality, none of us know what happened.

Don't meant to call you out specifically Cubs but your first post in this thread is an example of this behavior.

Frankly, there was a lot of that going BOTH directions.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
All I know is that it's really great that we have the most intelligent, educated, well trained people in America handling these things.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
This case has been a cluster **** from the beginning. I just wish people wouldn't rush to judgement either way. Either the guy did something horrible or the girl did something horrible. Ultimately their are no winners in a case like this, not that there should be.

As a fan of of the Blackhawks I hope Patrick Kane didn't do anything, but if he did he deserves to be punished for it. End of story, I wasn't there, I have no ability to judge either party, let the courts figure it out.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I just hope the truth comes out, and the more convoluted this gets the less chance there is of that happening.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron