What's your LEAST favorite Christmas song?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Elvis's Blue Christmas. Hate it. Whenever it is on the radio I howl to the tune like an old hound dog just to mock it.

This this this....a 1,000,000x this. What IS that caterwauling in the background?!

I work in retail...we have 12 versions of five songs...Sleigh Ride, Winter Wonderland, White Christmas, Let It Snow, and Rudolph. (Santa Baby, materialism at its finest, only has four versions) There's a version of White Christmas that should die a terrible, horrible death because the lady's voice is blaring. Then, let's talk Let It Snow, which is in my top 5 of worst Christmas songs. Then, let's have Johnny Mathis sing it, who is 1a/b of my least favorite singers. (Tied with Neil Diamond) Now, let's draw out the torture with a super slow arrangement of it. Pencil to eye. Hmmm...probably better to eardrum.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Christmas mocking song I heard for the first time a couple years ago road tripping down to Iowa for Christmas.

Ho, Ho, Ho, heavy metal parody of Black Sabbath Iron Man.

[video=youtube;CRW2poUfJ34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRW2poUfJ34[/video]

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Santa Baby--obnoxious.

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time
Happy Christmas (John Lennon) are considered:

tumblr_n46pc4HHB21qduyqso1_500.gif

And I love Christmas music. But for these, instant station change.

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Sweet Caroline and Imagine suck......I always picture bald-head, pony-tail, birkenstock guy singing imagine.....and since having Neil Diamond sing Sweet Caroline at Fenway last year, I picture bald=head, pony-tail, birkenstock guy singing Sweet Caroline.
No, this has nothing to do with Christmas Songs. I am drinking whiskey and watching the American Country Countdown Awards.....so authentic in its cheezy, Wt, over-marketed way.
Ok, to answer your original question, I hate that Christmas song by John Lennon that is kind of like Imagine because I picture bald head pony tail birkenstock guy singing it.

I was walking through target yesterday and they had a Neil Diamond CD on an end cap display. My first reaction was, "Target still sells CD's?" My second thought was Neil has let himself go a little.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
"Text me Merry Christmas" has fast risen to the top of my list of hated songs any season.
Same old Auld Lang syne
Christmas shoes (Seriously, why do stations even play this one)
Used not like Wonderful Christmas time but one night it came on when I was drunk with my brothers and we had a blast singing it so I've softened my stance there.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I was walking through target yesterday and they had a Neil Diamond CD on an end cap display. My first reaction was, "Target still sells CD's?" My second thought was Neil has let himself go a little.

The CD section in our Target looks like the last hour of a flea market.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I for one like Santa Baby, as long as I only have to listen the the original and only a couple times a year. Don't like a lot of the screachy remakes of classic songs by woman like Whitney Houston or Miria Cary (sp) that are determined to show their range, even if the song does not call for it.

Don't like Christmas Shoes, as it makes me feel guilty, or the strange rambling story about the guy on the train, or the Wham song, or Christmas in Iowa, probably a lot of ones that I am not thinking of.