Dam to Dam

TheFan

May 7, 2013
i did the earlham one, around 3ish, it was pushing 100 for temps at the time also. i was running with the wife and 2 of her gimpy co-workers. i finished at 27 minutes +/-. you can't really do this run for time unless you are near the front. another co-worker did the same time though, slipped to the front and finished in 19. the fastest time for the day was around 17 minutes i believe.

Ahh, I thought we were talking the 20k. I have not input on the 5k.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Dam to Dam now saying dropoff at 20K start no longer being allowed. All bus drop offs.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I'm curious whether they will need to reroute anything. I know that the birdland area can get swampy.

Chitownclone2

May 13, 2010
I tried to run faster and did so for about the first 6-7 miles of the race, then I hit a brick wall, and slowed down a lot. If you run at what you trained, it will be easier to kick it into high gear at the end.

No, you actually hit a wall/hill at mile 7 with that first hill after the ball fields south of I-80:) Good advice. D2D is an easy run to tank on the first half being so flat and downhill and than having some nice hills the 2nd 10K. I always feel like the day turns humid and hot on the 2nd half also!

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
No, you actually hit a wall/hill at mile 7 with that first hill after the ball fields south of I-80:) Good advice. D2D is an easy run to tank on the first half being so flat and downhill and than having some nice hills the 2nd 10K. I always feel like the day turns humid and hot on the 2nd half also!
This is my fifth year, and every other year I run myself out of it too early in the first half. This is the first year I hope to key on pace the whole race....

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
How'd everybody do? I finished in 2:36, which I was satisfied with considering it was my first year, I weigh 240 (and dropping) and my only previous organized run was a 5K last summer. My knees are killing me, I'm going to take a couple weeks off, but hope to keep it up for the rest of the year and clear 2:00 next year!

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
My knees are stiff too. Had good weather for a run. Hasn't run it since they crossed the river on the footbridge. Didn't like that bottleneck.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
How'd everybody do? I finished in 2:36, which I was satisfied with considering it was my first year, I weigh 240 (and dropping) and my only previous organized run was a 5K last summer. My knees are killing me, I'm going to take a couple weeks off, but hope to keep it up for the rest of the year and clear 2:00 next year!

Awesome work!

I PR'ed on my side. Was a great day for running. Clouded up pretty quickly though right after the race. Long day of walking to appease the Farmer's Market crowd in my viewing party.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I hated the bibs with the chip on it. Made it too heavy. Prefer on the shoe. And the Porta potty situation always sucks at every race. Other than that, good times (pun intended)

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
finished in under 2 hours, which is always my goal. I usually crash on this race around mile 10, but this year felt great. (except having to poop for the last couple miles.. they sure hid the portos after the race also.)

Was kind of worried because all the rain made it harder to get out and train.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Went all right for me,1:51:03, 4 mins better than last year, but 9 mins off my PR, 1:42- in 2009, I doubt I will ever get that fast without a lot more preparation. The weather was beautiful, the crowd was out of hand, every year it seems to get bigger, had no beers, got sick of waiting and decided to just go down to Hessen Haus. Very sore today though, with crazy weekend and little sleep (Swingin Utters Friday, dam to dam and SWINE fest on Saturday).... Anybody doing the Run to Exile this weekend????

arogers88

Jun 2, 2013
It went great for me. I ran my personal best 1hr 35min. The weather was great and the post race party is always a good time. Next up DSM marathon.

dcxme1183

Jan 31, 2010
Minneapolis
I personally wasn't pleased with my result but just found out I was running on an ankle in need of surgery so that's my excuse. After recovery, training starts for next year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron