Time for an "I hope we don't hurt Tulsa's feelings on Monday" thread

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
They have no idea what ISU has in store for them in Memphis but it starts with "epic" and ends in "beat down". For the love of God people... let's try to remain calm and positive here. It's Tulsa... the same team we played an overall average game against in September and beat by 15 points.

5043fc85bdf9b.image.jpg

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
[h=4]Team Stat Comparison[/h]

TLSA

ISU
1st Downs1628
Total Yards358441
Passing198281
Rushing160160
Penalties6-604-23
3rd Down Conversions8-227-17
4th Down Conversions1-30-0
Turnovers31
Possession27:4232:18

For a mediocre performance... I'll take it.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I am getting so sick of reading these threads prior to games. It sounds more like we are a Big East little crap team lucky to be in a bowl. In the prediction thread 6 posts in the first two pages call for us to lose. No, they are not losers with their first 5 posts hiding as Cyclone fans either. Do we have that many pathetic fans with an inferiority complex? Did I accidentally log on to Loserfanatic instead of Cyclonefanatic? I would understand a hesitancy if we were playing a good BCS level team and we were hesitant, but you do realize that Tulsa didn't pick up some mid year trades from BCS schools right? Iowa State is nowhere near the level we were at in game one and we have been playing BCS level talent, not Conference USA opponents all year. No, we are not playing sisters of the poor but we are a BIG XII team who has already beat this team and will be about to do it again in a much better fashion with Richardson. Givens is back as well as others that were dinged up. If you people have to expose all of your deepest fears, please go visit a priest and share and keep from looking like a Tulsa fan on our site. Thanks for cleaning it up for the rest of us Cyclone fans!!!

K

KFitzy87

I am getting so sick of reading these threads prior to games. It sounds more like we are a Big East little crap team lucky to be in a bowl. In the prediction thread 6 posts in the first two pages call for us to lose. No, they are not losers with their first 5 posts hiding as Cyclone fans either. Do we have that many pathetic fans with an inferiority complex? Did I accidentally log on to Loserfanatic instead of Cyclonefanatic? I would understand a hesitancy if we were playing a good BCS level team and we were hesitant, but you do realize that Tulsa didn't pick up some mid year trades from BCS schools right? Iowa State is nowhere near the level we were at in game one and we have been playing BCS level talent, not Conference USA opponents all year. No, we are not playing sisters of the poor but we are a BIG XII team who has already beat this team and will be about to do it again in a much better fashion with Richardson. Givens is back as well as others that were dinged up. If you people have to expose all of your deepest fears, please go visit a priest and share and keep from looking like a Tulsa fan on our site. Thanks for cleaning it up for the rest of us Cyclone fans!!!
No one expected Washington to beat the Bugeaters a couple years ago in the Holiday bowl, but guess what... It happened. Playing a team for the second time around is always harder than it is the first time and we're missing one key guy on defense that we had the first time we played Tulsa. I'm one of the biggest Cyclone fans around, but predicting Tulsa to win in a nailbiter does not make me any less of a Cyclone fan. Yep, we have a different QB (that I definitely approve of) and other improvements have been made since the beginning of the season... But do you think just because Tulsa has played inferior opponents they haven't improved at all? I'm pretty damn certain they found their own identity as a team sometime during the year. I think this game will be close either way.

GO CYCLONES

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I should get a commission on every person that logs on loserfanatic also for my ideas. LOL Believe what you must pessimists, as you will be the same people after we win this game that come back in September and fear how much Tulsa is returning and that ISU just isn't going to be prepared for their experience or any other excuse for your insecurities. I just hope that the insecure ones are not near my tailgate in Memphis and instead cowering back in Iowa telling every one of your hok buddies how much this game scares you. Sure winning twice against an opponent is tough if you are talking a BCS level talent. We are not! This is Conference USA man!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Sure winning twice against an opponent is tough if you are talking a BCS level talent. We are not! This is Conference USA man!

I am pretty sure you just had a Dan Hawkins moment.

"IT'S DIVISION 1 FOOTBALL!!! IT'S C-USA!!! IT'S INTRAMURAL FOOTBALL IN THAT LEAGUE BROTHER!!!

[video=youtube;9S3RbRifTSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3RbRifTSk[/video]

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
I just can decide if we win by more than 3 TD's or 5.

Tell me whether this offense is going to have a pulse or spend the entire day tripping over itself. If it's the former, we win by two scores. If it's the latter, see Rutgers 2011.

We are a program with a lifetime sub .500 record. Ancient history you say? CPR's cumulative record is about 20 percentage points better than that for our entire program history. Yes, the trend is in the positive direction. Yes, we are doing things the right way to build a program. BUT, until we can win more than three conference games and actually produce some offense to go with our stellar defense, I will remain cautious and optimistic. The next to last place team in the Big XII should beat the Conference USA champs, but not by 5 touchdowns. Love your optimism, but facts are facts. Go Cyclones.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I had tons of confidence before Rutgers last year. I bet only a handful of people on here predicted a loss. I ended up looking foolish.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I would be concerned since we still don't have a reliable QB (I don't count two games as reliable) until I remember they have Cody Green. Wally stops the run and we win by 5 TD's.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I thought we would beat Rutgers but not as strongly as I think we will beat Tulsa.

Last edited:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Like always, it comes down to our QB play. I think Sam will play great and we blow Tulsa out.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
We have yet to play well in a bowl game so I completely see where some people are coming from. But I believe this years team is much more mature and will deal with the distractions of a bowl game better then the previous years.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I don't think I could be any more unexcited for a bowl game. I'm still excited, don't get me wrong, but I feel there should be more. It just feels weird. Hard to explain.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv

yes the big east is far below the mighty cyclones. i remember just last year when we played a "Big East little crap team" and beat the living...wait, no that was Rutgers who took us to the woodshed.

take a look in the mirror, what exactly makes us so superior? our stunning 6-6 record? our 9th place finish in a conference with only 10 teams? or is it how we backed our way into a bowl game by losing at home to an unranked team?

I am predicting a win for the cyclones, but you sir sound like a hawk fan with your superiority complex. we were an average team this season. nothing more, nothing less.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
yes the big east is far below the mighty cyclones. i remember just last year when we played a "Big East little crap team" and beat the living...wait, no that was Rutgers who took us to the woodshed.

take a look in the mirror, what exactly makes us so superior? our stunning 6-6 record? our 9th place finish in a conference with only 10 teams? or is it how we backed our way into a bowl game by losing at home to an unranked team?

I am predicting a win for the cyclones, but you sir sound like a hawk fan with your superiority complex. we were an average team this season. nothing more, nothing less.

No, he doesn't. He sounds like a fan expecting to handily beat a team we've already beaten handily.

Sure, beating a team twice is difficult, but we should do it, as we are the better team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I completely agree with this assessment. We were an average team this year, and our record indicates that. I don't see how anyone can come on here and predict we win by 4+ TDs, that's just crazy talk IMO.

My concern is that I think Tulsa kept improving as the season went on, and I'm not so sure I can say that about the Clones. Tulsa was probably our best game of the year, and after that we were pretty average.

With all that being said, I hope and pray we demolish Tulsa. Listening to the idiots over here in eastern Iowa on 1600AM on my way home from work and they were doing their bowl picks. 2 or 3 of them picked Tulsa, and one of them even laughed at us because once again we were practicing in the snow and wind for a crappy bowl game, and then proceeded to pick Tulsa to beat us AND beat us bad. That's what irritates me the most about stupid Hawkeye fans.... they aren't even smart enough to shut their mouths when we have beaten them 2 years in a row and they aren't even going to a bowl game at all.

But unfortunately under Rhoads, we've performed poorly in bowl games. I think he lets the guys have a bit too much fun sometimes at these bowl games, but how can you blame him? The guys should be rewarded for making it there. I just hope we put forth a better effort than we did against Rutgers. If we don't, we will get killed. This Tulsa team is better than last year's Rutgers team IMO.