Does Rhoads owe the fans an apology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think he does after yesterday.

Without fans that pay a lot of money on ISU football, Rhoads doesn't have a job.

IMO, there's absolutely no excuse for that performance yesterday. We didn't even show up. Didn't compete. Let their QB break 6-7 tackles on one play. Just beyond ridiculous.

I didn't expect to win yesterday, but I at least expected us to show up and compete and not lay down. Missouri didn't have to throw one single pass in their first TD drive. That's sad.

The fans deserve better.

Last edited:

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I am Coach Rhoads and you can quote me.....

"I am sorry.

Now on to Texas A&M."

-Paul.

/end thread

Istate

Jul 15, 2008

Without fans that pay a lot of money on ISU football, Rhoads doesn't have a job.

IMO, there's absolutely no excuse for that performance yesterday. We didn't even show up. Didn't compete. Let their QB break 6-7 tackles on one play. Just beyond ridiculous.

I didn't expect to win yesterday, but I at least expected us to show up and compete and not lay down. Missouri didn't have to throw one single pass in their first TD drive. That's sad.

The fans deserve better.

An apology? Come on. Maybe we should be praising him for winning the first three? We easily could be ofer right now.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I never understand these public apologies. I don't need an apology, its a bunch of bull.

I need a win. Win, and all is forgiven.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
While it is concerning that our effort yesterday was pathetic and we're not showing any signs of improvement like we should at this point in the season, I don't think CPR owes an apology. That's laughable.

Seems something is going on with this team. Just not sure what it is.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008

The fans deserve better.

no

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
No. Have you ever seen any college coach apologize for losing a game? I mean honestly, you're just being ridiculous at this point.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
I really don't have a clue what it's going to take to motivate this team. I was hoping when PR and his staff were hired (3 years ago) they would've taken care of all that. For a man who is "...so proud to be our football coach!" I'm just hoping some of that pride starts to rub-off on to the players, and quick!
I've often wondered how different players would perform if their scholarships were being threatend ...or NFL, NBA or MLB saleries would be paid if it depended on their performances. I just can't help but wonder sometimes how many professional athletes have (dollar $ign$) in their eyes when ever they play. Same thing goes to student athletes knowing full well their scholie isn't going to be affected no matter what happens on the field.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Um, no. This is essentially the same team that we have had the last few years. It is going to take another couple of years to be competitive. Now, the Offense does need an overhaul. It ain't working. Rolling a QB left when he throws right is just idiotic. Poorly designed plays poorly executed.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
While it is concerning that our effort yesterday was pathetic and we're not showing any signs of improvement like we should at this point in the season, I don't think CPR owes an apology. That's laughable.

Seems something is going on with this team. Just not sure what it is.

I agree. Something is wrong. The team mailed it in yesterday. Have they tuned CPR out?

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
First thing first. WE rout for ISU - none of this should surprise us.
If PR ever gets us to back-to-back BCS bowl games and then after that has a game like yesterday, then maybe I'll want an apology.

We have had no indications that suggest we would have a good year yet - no one should be shocked. That doesn't mean it doesn't suck, but it is what it is.
Bring on the mason jars!

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
Coach Rhoads - "I'm sorry ISU has no football tradition. I'm sorry that Ames is in the arctic tundra of the Big 12. I'm sorry we don't have Boone Pickens buying us a new stadium."

Hopefully he doesn't say "I'm sorry I ever came here."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Stupid thread.

Rebecacy, not the OP, may give enough to deserve an apology!:pfrown:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.