Man v. Food Des Moines Episode!

LoewDog

Sep 7, 2010
Jethros is easily the best BBQ I have had in Iowa. Love their new Altoona location!!

Not a bar and a lot smaller menu, but from a meat perspective Wendell's down on Ingersol is better than Jethro's...and I enjoy Jethro's a lot.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
My wife has an absolute meltdown when Man v. Food comes on. Goes on and on about how it promotes gluttony, just plain gross, blah blah blah.

Well duh. Why do you think the three guys in your house like watching it?

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
Not a bar and a lot smaller menu, but from a meat perspective Wendell's down on Ingersol is better than Jethro's...and I enjoy Jethro's a lot.

Went from grade school through high school with Wendell. Good guy. Good food. Jethro's is classier but Uncle Wendell's has a nice dive/hole in the wall vibe that works for BBQ.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
My wife has an absolute meltdown when Man v. Food comes on. Goes on and on about how it promotes gluttony, just plain gross, blah blah blah.

Well duh. Why do you think the three guys in your house like watching it?

Is that any worse than when Dancing With the Stars, or Kardashians, or ____________ comes on promoting stupidity?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
They had an episode from KC last week that was pretty gross. I had never even heard of the BBQ place but they had some massive meal that he didn't come close to eating.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Des Moines is starting to be known for BBQ. The the guy that owns Smokey D's just won TLC's BBQ Pitmaster's reality show. To top that off, 2 of the 5 finalists were from Des Moines.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I do know for FACT that he has a fondness for the cheeba. Gotta help w/ the appettite.

He has to smoke pot. Seriously, you can't eat like that if you aren't stoned.

I would bet he doubles up on pot and laxatives. I've said to myself multiple times that the only way I could manage to attempt what he does without being utterly miserable is to get baked, and take laxatives.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
This show could be so good if it had a decent host and if it didn't make me so hungry everytime I watch it.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
at least they showed and iowa and isu flag in the background, otherwise there'd be calls to boycott I'd guess.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
It is the Hawkeye state......The hawks were named after the state, not vice versa.
Idk how he said it but remember that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron