Stadium Info

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Took my in-laws to campus today and concluded our visit at the stadium. I knew that there was construction going on but man.... that place looked abandoned. It was embarrassing and it looked like ****. Why are there random deep holes around the stadium grounds and why is the entire west side taken over by multiple weeds were there was once grass The asphalt is chipped up and the entire grounds gave indication that we were about to demolish the place.

I know that to not be the case and it is only aesthetics but wow- did we let that place go already

NetflixAndClone

Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Took my in-laws to campus today and concluded our visit at the stadium. I knew that there was construction going on but man.... that place looked abandoned. It was embarrassing and it looked like ****. Why are there random deep holes around the stadium grounds and why is the entire west side taken over by multiple weeds were there was once grass The asphalt is chipped up and the entire grounds gave indication that we were about to demolish the place.

I know that to not be the case and it is only aesthetics but wow- did we let that place go already
that tends to happen when there isn't a football game going on.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
There. You answered your own questions.
LOL- true. What did they do behind the concourse? I thought they were only doing work on the Plaza.
No biggie in the grand scheme but I am suspect ballparks on other campuses look that bad (other than Lawrence, KS)

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
LOL- true. What did they do behind the concourse?

They are running new fiber lines between the stadium, Bergstrom, visitor locker room, etc., for coaches' video feeds, as well as doing some improvements on camera locations/feeds. I believe there was also some infrastructure work being done near the TV truck compound/pad just inside the west gate.

Last edited:

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
The tailgating lots between Trice and Hilton are in AWFUL shape to the point of almost being a safety hazard. When are they going to resurface them?

Agree and I think there was a post on here saying it's planned for 2018 or 2019. That repair is long overdue.

No idea on the rest of this thread.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The tailgating lots between Trice and Hilton are in AWFUL shape to the point of almost being a safety hazard. When are they going to resurface them?

Contrary to popular belief, those lots aren't just under the AD's watch. Several university entities have a stake.

It's an "anticipated" project for FY18. Parking Division would foot about 60% of the cost, with the rest coming from "special event revenues."

The southeast rec fields (i.e., east of the stadium) are also on that list.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Contrary to popular belief, those lots aren't just under the AD's watch. Several university entities have a stake.

It's an "anticipated" project for FY18. Parking Division would foot about 60% of the cost, with the rest coming from "special event revenues."

The southeast rec fields (i.e., east of the stadium) are also on that list.

So what you are saying is there will be a big increase in parking tickets in 2017 lol.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
They are running new fiber lines between the stadium, Bergstrom, visitor locker room, etc., for coaches' video feeds, as well as doing some improvements on camera locations/feeds. I believe there was also some infrastructure work being done near the TV truck compound/pad just inside the west gate.

This. If there are weeds growing, it's a construction zone. ISU keeps their grounds pretty clean. I really, really doubt that they just let areas go.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014 and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise fan, and we in here talking about holes. I mean, listen, we're talking about weeds, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about asphalt. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that I go out there and die for and watch every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about aesthetics, man. I mean, how silly is that?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Probably not silly if an ISU fan is concerned, and it generates a page long discussion. I thought the comments were informative, well, some of them anyway.

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Probably not silly if an ISU fan is concerned, and it generates a page long discussion. I thought the comments were informative, well, some of them anyway.

A whole page??? Oh my gosh it is serious!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

712.gif

Reactions: cyence