Lindell scored 32 for the Canadian U19 team on Sunday

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Wigginton and Jackson are going to be a pretty lethal duo. Lightning quick, strong, scorers. If Babb lives up to his potential look out. Freshman Lewis will surprise as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Stormin and jay moe

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The young guys are going to have to be very good, very early to get this years team anywhere

I'm expecting the first couple months of the season to be a little rough, but where do people get the idea that this year's team is going to be god-awful?

Yes, we've lost some important seniors, but there is still some serious talent on this team, albeit young. Plus Prohm's teams have improved as the season progresses. I'm cautiously optimistic to see what this team looks like this coming season.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I'm expecting the first couple months of the season to be a little rough, but where do people get the idea that this year's team is going to be god-awful?

I just think that the freshman are going to have to come in pretty well ready to play for the team to get to any post season play. Don't think they will be awful, but the team can't lose a bunch of the early, generally easier games, and make it up in conference play. I don't see a lot of easy wins in the Big 12 next year.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Yes, we've lost some important seniors, but there is still some serious talent on this team, albeit young. Plus Prohm's teams have improved as the season progresses. I'm cautiously optimistic to see what this team looks like this coming season.

Go to in-state rivals forum or alternative lifestyle websites.

Reactions: Brandon

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Nice to see he is a prolific scorer. Hope he gets some good end of game clutch plays too as prep for the Big 12 season. How is his assist/turnover ratio? After having Morris here, I have to ask.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames

Don't you know -- if you're not the top 5-10% of all D1 programs, you are "god-awful". Those at-large "first round" NCAA tournament teams every year are "god-awful". Top 15-25 is good. Top 5-15 is really good/maybe great. Top 5 is elite -- but only some years. Hyperbole is the interest-and-inflation-currency of the internet.

(And CW needs to use "hyperbole" in every-day conversations and reserve "hyperbolic" as a mathematics term.)

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

I don't think most are indicating "god-awful", but tough to project it as a tournament team either. So many big12 teams will have made big strides (TCU, Texas, OU, etc) where we will be relying on young guys learning on the fly. We can still be excited for the potential and cheer progress as the season goes, but I equate it to last years Oklahoma team. There was lots of talent on that team but very inexperienced with a coach who knows a little himself in Kruger. And I don't buy it was just because they didn't always have a healthy senior point guard. Sadly I have to go here, but I think we'll be similar to last year's Iowa team....taking lumps early, inconsistent, highs and lows, teasingly good at times, and promising future. I have too much faith in Prohm to ever be 'god-awful'. Hope I'm right on that.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nice to see he is a prolific scorer. Hope he gets some good end of game clutch plays too as prep for the Big 12 season. How is his assist/turnover ratio? After having Morris here, I have to ask.

I think we all have to realize that we'll never see another guy with turnovers like monte. And I think we all can say that we know that but I predict high level meltdowns when Donavon has a 5 TO game.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I don't think most are indicating "god-awful", but tough to project it as a tournament team either. So many big12 teams will have made big strides (TCU, Texas, OU, etc) where we will be relying on young guys learning on the fly. We can still be excited for the potential and cheer progress as the season goes, but I equate it to last years Oklahoma team. There was lots of talent on that team but very inexperienced with a coach who knows a little himself in Kruger. And I don't buy it was just because they didn't always have a healthy senior point guard. Sadly I have to go here, but I think we'll be similar to last year's Iowa team....taking lumps early, inconsistent, highs and lows, teasingly good at times, and promising future. I have too much faith in Prohm to ever be 'god-awful'. Hope I'm right on that.
The difference from ISU of this year and Iowa of last year is that Iowa had a roster full of 200+ ranked guys. ISU has a lot higher rated young talent; until the '17 class, Cook is the only guy Iowa has brought in ranked higher than 200th since Woodbury/Gessel in 2012.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I agree. We will not be a NCAA team. We needed an impact player in spring recruiting, did not get one. Hopefully NIT, but that is not a lock either. Without knowing all the non con games, I expect us to be around .500. Definely losing record in
Conference. I think we will be a lot like Oklahoma last year ... a couple talented young guys but a pretty weak set of upper class men. I think we will have trouble scoring.

• Optimistic
Reactions: jim4