J. Fox, Fuld among Cubs' roster cuts

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Another interesting development is that by outrighting Richie Robinett to Iowa, and off the 40-man roster. That leaves 2 roster spots on the 40 man, so maybe Hendry has something in the works.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Another interesting development is that by outrighting Richie Robinett to Iowa, and off the 40-man roster. That leaves 2 roster spots on the 40 man, so maybe Hendry has something in the works.

You guys totally need Jerry Owens and Mike MacDougal.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
No surprises there. Also remember Angel Guzman is out of options and is a long shot to make the opening day roster so there is yet another 40 man roster spot that will open up because I would be surprised if he is not claimed off waivers. He once was the top prospect in the system and still throws hard. A change of scenery could help him. I would not be surprised to see Vizcanio cut too despite his contract. Lou has made it known he isn't factoring salaries into who is on the roster, he wants guys that will get the job done.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What do you think the starting rotation might look like?
A bit of a shake up this year.

It's already been set:

1. Zambrano
2. Dempster
3. Lilly
4. Harden
5. Marshall

Marshall was named the #5 starter last week which was the only spot in the rotation up for grabs.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
No surprises there. Also remember Angel Guzman is out of options and is a long shot to make the opening day roster so there is yet another 40 man roster spot that will open up because I would be surprised if he is not claimed off waivers. He once was the top prospect in the system and still throws hard. A change of scenery could help him. I would not be surprised to see Vizcanio cut too despite his contract. Lou has made it known he isn't factoring salaries into who is on the roster, he wants guys that will get the job done.
it has been confirmed that Vizcaino will be in the bullpen for the Cubs so there is no way he's getting cut

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I was in Peoria, AZ last week and saw the Cubs / Mariners ST game. Hoff & Fox went back to back in the fourth. I know D Lee plays good defense, but he wasn't exactly a clutch hitter last season and I wonder if he's tradeable. IMO, Hoffpauir and Fox belong in Chicago, not Des Moines...

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Hoffpauir belongs, but he's more of a poor man's D Ward. He'll be a good sub for D Lee. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but there've been a lot of people that says he has holes in his swing... It's just a matter of time before pitchers start to pick him a part. IMO, if you're going to find a replacement for D Lee you're going to have to do it outside of the org.