2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am genuinely curious to see what the schools do who are generally transfer heavy.

Michigan seems to have the biggest “need”. No idea what they have on the roster at most weights but they will have Ragusin at 133, Lemley at 141, Saldate at 57/65, Mantanona at 65/74, Bullock at 184. Seems like they will want 125, 149, one of 157/165/174, 197 and heavy.

Iowa is probably after a 125 (assuming Ayala to 133), 141, one of 149/157? I’m sure they’ll take whatever they can get if it’s high end.

Penn State seems likely to snag a 184 or 197.
I would guess Ayala stays 25 and schriever goes 33. What they did this year for parts.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
He actually got beat in the R16, not the blood round. Lost 10-1 to the 32 seed Vinny Zerban (who turned out to be pretty decent). Still an incredible run with bonus points to help the team last year

Sticking Gfeller was the highlight of that run.

Also just realized he beat Tommy Askey the match before Gfeller.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Interesting read relative to NIL.

This article talks about Mesenbrink’s thinking when he chose PSU:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...commiting-to-penn-state-next-years-lineup-nil

Items to note about his decision:

1). His decision was 0.1% based on NIL.
2). He wanted a good team culture.
3). He didn’t want a training regime with too much live wrestling. This point essentially excluded Iowa from consideration.
4). He liked the focus on performance over winning and being a good person.
5). He trusted that the coaches will help him reach his highest potential.

What happened to that stud Jesuerga suppose to be a good 125 pounder?

Got burnt out and quit wrestling. Not sure where he ended up, but rumor was the Navy or some military academy

That was about his brother Nate, who was top 5 pound for pound in his class. He has not wrestled nor intends to wrestle in college that i've heard of.

That's what the original question was, what ever happened to Nate? I responded with the comment about the DMR articls

Someone on the Iowa boards (i think, may have been Intermat) said Nate flamed out of BUD/S, the Navy Seal training program, in the first couple weeks

• Wow
Reactions: 4theheckofit

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
You have to be ready to physically and mentally die for yourself and others in order to get through BUDS. Turns out only 15% of the people that enter BUDS (already a biased subpopulation) are willing to do that for that level of military service.