Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I would love to see a match up between the same two universities for both the men's and women's championship. Of course, that can only happen if it is UConn vs N.C. State. Go State!

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
CC didn’t act like a baby/a-hole last night. Was rather shocking to me. If she could keep the same level of composure every game, it would be nice.

Granted…last night, Mulkey’s arrogant ass thought Van Lith could guard CC 1:1, so there was no reason to cry out there.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Mulkey made a huge tactical error by not putting Flau’Jae on Clark the entire game. HVL was too small and slow and Poa was too slow as well. Mulkey has to be regretting that. Just don’t understand what she was thinking because Clark roasted HVL last year too.
Yep and Bluder on other end made great decision to put O'Grady on Reese. O'Grady was the unsung hero. She slowed Reese enough and stopped the easy stuff LSU was getting. She played much longer stretch than she normally gets and that's when Iowa pulled away.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick and iahawks

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I would love to see a match up between the same two universities for both the men's and women's championship. Of course, that can only happen if it is UConn vs N.C. State. Go State!

NC State is almost certainly a future Big 12 school too.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yep and Bluder on other end made great decision to put O'Grady on Reese. O'Grady was the unsung hero. She slowed Reese enough and stopped the easy stuff LSU was getting. She played much longer stretch than she normally gets and that's when Iowa pulled away.

They couldn’t stop Reese on the boards but they caused her to miss a ton of her shots after she got the offensive rebound.

Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
They couldn’t stop Reese on the boards but they caused her to miss a ton of her shots after she got the offensive rebound.
Stuelke seemed overwhelmed by AR on defensive end but O'Grady bodied her up better than anyone has on Iowa

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Iowa fans on their boards genuinely think they only got matched up against LSU because the selection committee is “racist against white people”. It’s insane.
I’m sure you can find a few posts alleging this but wow is that a terrible generalization. Mostly every knew the committee wanted to maximize the chances of an LSU - Iowa rematch. They got what they set out for, high level game in a high stakes game. Ratings are going to be huge when they come out.

• Creative
Reactions: CyorDy

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I’m sure you can find a few posts alleging this but wow is that a terrible generalization. Mostly every knew the committee wanted to maximize the chances of an LSU - Iowa rematch. They got what they set out for, high level game in a high stakes game. Ratings are going to be huge when they come out.
Wait. They played last night? I hadn't heard about it.

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
If that happens, Iowa will be a number one seed with probably LSU as the 2 in their region. They want Iowa and LSU is the same region, but they will more than likely both be 2 seeds. If Iowa can somehow win out, it gives them an easy out for making Iowa a 1 and LSU a 2 in the same region.
Almost like I predicted that Iowa and LSU would be in the same regional a few weeks ago.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I went back through his feed but didn't find what you were talking about. Can you fill me in?
It’s hard to find because he posts so much about CC it’s crazy

Attachments

• 70EB12B0-F9F1-4702-9771-757B4C3933F9.png
    70EB12B0-F9F1-4702-9771-757B4C3933F9.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 74

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Death Taxes and Iowa fans referring to black athletes as "thugs".

It's why I will never cheer for that ******* program in anything. The amount of openly racist dumb **** that comes out of their fans is wild.

Then we have the anthem issue...them dipshits don't watch a lot of sports from the McDonalds breakroom or something? It happens all the time when teams aren't out there for it. Oh that's right Stanzi at one point said something about loving it or leaving it so now they invented being a true red white and blue American

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Doing the NIL/portal thing when you’re already a star or featured player for a winning p6 team has not been a slam dunk win. It’s a risk if pro career is more important than 2-3 years college salary.

I look at the kid we’re trying to get from CU mbb. There’s little downside/risk for ISU but he’s already scoring 11ppg for another Sweet 16 big 12 team.

At the same time, when we're talking women's basketball, that potential payout in the pro career is a lot smaller, with fewer spots to go around. It makes a lot more sense for women's basketball players to get big NIL payments while they can, as the money in college might be better than anything they will get afterwards. If they are wise with the money they can now make in college, it can set them up quite well for starting in life

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Can't do anything about being old, but rather be old than a dipsh*t.

Denise Long. Drafted by the NBA. appeared on Johnny Carson, featured in Sports Illustrated and Wall Street Journal. Before the internet, social media she was the face of girl's basketball.

Sheryll Miller anyone? Sheryll Swoops? Lisa Leslie? Any number of national champion UCONN women stars? Clark is benefiting from social media and the ESPN hype machine. Before Miller, Swoops and Leslie I don't even remember knowing that women's basketball even existed. Not taking away from how good she is, but not sure what she is changing about the game other than shooting long threes. If anything she is showing how big of a gap there is between men's and women's basketball. She makes great plays, but those are pretty routine in the men's game. When she does it the announcers are like "Oh my God!! Did you see that play? That was amazing!!" Yeah, it was a bounce pass on a fast break that led her teammate for a layup. A step back three? Never seen that before. :rolleyes:. Clark is a generational player, but I still don't get how she's changing the game itself. If they move the three point line back because of her or if you start seeing every star player chucking long range threes, then we can talk. I don't see that happening though.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I guess O’Grady did well defensively, but her offense … oof. Hands of stone, man.
Ya but when clark is playing like that they just need everyone to do their job. It was basket for basket before O'Grady slowed her. Angel's ankle may of played a role too

• Haha
Reactions: CyorDy