Iowa Football Recruiting

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I am having trouble keeping up with this one.
is it actually confirmed he collected 100k and doesn't have to give it back?
if so, why wouldn't there be stipulations or contract signed that you must attend the university of Iowa in the fall or will have to pay back the money, etc?

i really enjoy this to be honest and we need to see more examples of this. not because its iowa, it is just proving how reckless we have made NIL with no rules.

its going to turn people off seeing how many players either get hurt, turn out to suck, become overpaid lazy players, or start bidding wars and using places against each other. people will grow tired of shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to see this type of behavior or results.
its about as bad as political corruption.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I am having trouble keeping up with this one.
is it actually confirmed he collected 100k and doesn't have to give it back?
if so, why wouldn't there be stipulations or contract signed that you must attend the university of Iowa in the fall or will have to pay back the money, etc?

i really enjoy this to be honest and we need to see more examples of this. not because its iowa, it is just proving how reckless we have made NIL with no rules.

its going to turn people off seeing how many players either get hurt, turn out to suck, become overpaid lazy players, or start bidding wars and using places against each other. people will grow tired of shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to see this type of behavior or results.
its about as bad as political corruption.
Swarm can’t do **** about it. Nobody is putting play time commitment requirements in NIL contracts out of fear of pay to play implications. Some are spreading payments over multiple years or making them incentive based contingent on ads or charity work, but I’ve very reliably heard that Sawrm doesn’t have any of that in their agreements.

And from those in the know, the price was a huge discount due to the coaching change, but still closer to $225K than the rumored $100K.

And despite all logic, donors have absolutely no plans to decrease NIL giving. If anything it’s actually increasing as the risks and unknowns become resolved.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Swarm can’t do **** about it. Nobody is putting play time commitment requirements in NIL contracts out of fear of pay to play implications. Some are spreading payments over multiple years or making them incentive based contingent on ads or charity work, but I’ve very reliably heard that Sawrm doesn’t have any of that in their agreements.

And from those in the know, the price was a huge discount due to the coaching change, but still closer to $225K than the rumored $100K.

And despite all logic, donors have absolutely no plans to decrease NIL giving. If anything it’s actually increasing as the risks and unknowns become resolved.
I know a lot of the Swarm emphasis is around doing charitable activities. I’d be surprised if he hit those targets considering he was only there for two months. Either way 100,000, 200,000, or even $500k is pretty irrelevant as far as the money being gone.

In the short term, they lose their starting left tackle, which is the biggest issue. And for the second year in a row, caused them to miss out on other priority targets.

But what will be the biggest issue is whether the big money donors in the Swarm themselves get butt hurt over it and quit giving to land the “big fish” of the future.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks and Jer

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I always said if I had both schools recruiting me, I would have committed to Iowa until the last minute so they don't recruit at my position, and then at the last minute decommit and commit to ISU.

Luckily for Iowa, I have the athletic ability and stature of my wife's garden gnome out in the yard.

But honestly, I'm kind of surprised more kids don't do that.
So you’re saying you could play PG for Fran?

Reactions: Kinch

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015

Really incredible business school they're running over there, or is the Swarm guy just another HyVee Hawk?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So has Proctor opened up a huge can of worms with this?

Are other players going to do this? Are collectives going to have to start putting contingencies on these NIL deals?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It's funny but it is going to happen to us, and others, and it's going to be "normal". The wheels are falling off college sports.
No leadership. Thank god I'm old enough to care less than I used to.
Yeah it’s just a free for all.
But I feel like this is the kind of stuff that I think you see starting to hurt collectives and there being a market correction. People are not just going to keep shelling out money when guys are leaving, aren’t performing, teams aren’t good etc. you can only ask fans to pay for players for so long.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Apparently didn't get a single buck from Swarm.
Brad Heinrich is already talking out of both sides of his mouth on kxno. Now he says he has been paid 15 percent out of some other part of the Swarm. Brad is as shady as they come. Couldn't happen to a better person and fanbase.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Acylum

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
It also maybe a little premature to say that he ripped off the swarm. Maybe he’s going to give back his payment? Hawkeye Twitter is pretty gross tonight.
Do you honestly think that is going to happen?

Like that is any sort of possibility?

Does KP seem like a responsible and considerate person?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Brad Heinrich is already talking out of both sides of his mouth on kxno. Now he says he has been paid 15 percent out of some other part of the Swarm. Brad is as shady as they come. Couldn't happen to a better person and fanbase.
And just said he isn't completely sure he's leaving.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If large payments were already made, does Brad benefit from telling the truth or trying to minimize how much was essentially lost?

Help Support Us

Become a patron