*** Official Kansas State vs #7 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Really don't like this spot for ISU. K-State is desperate to keep their tourney hopes alive. We're banged up and just lost to them. Plus we are maybe playing to keep a 2 seed, but probably will still be in Omaha regardless. Hope I'm wrong, but I expect another clunker.
It's very fresh in the team's minds where that went wrong, and I expect those things to be fixed.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's very fresh in the team's minds where that went wrong, and I expect those things to be fixed.

TJ is the polar opposite of CMC when it comes to interviews.

Paraphrasing an interview he basically just says 'We lost our focus and didn't do the things that gives us the best chance so to fix it, we need to do those things' and referred to specifics of ball movement, quick possessions, rebounding, etc.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Hmmm. Line was -5.5 Iowa state an hour ago.

It’s now -7.5 Iowa state. That’s kinda strange no?

ebState

Nov 30, 2015
Hmmm. Line was -5.5 Iowa state an hour ago.

It’s now -7.5 Iowa state. That’s kinda strange no?
The computers have it at around -8. Probably just a lot of money this week getting thrown around by casual fans.

I think given that KState is closer to KC, are coming off a win over us Saturday, and that they NEED this win; I would shade the line towards them.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
2 takeaways from the KU game:
KU fans DO boo...and they boo LOUDLY
KU fans are quitters...the stands were emptying out at the 8 minute mark. They were only 11 pts down. They brought it to within 2 just a couple of minutes previously.

Replying because of the truth it declares!

There will probably be more ISU fans present at the end of the Baylor/Cincinnati game tonight than KU fans at the end of their game yesterday!

Last edited:
Reactions: CyNews

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Paraphrasing an interview he basically just says 'We lost our focus and didn't do the things that gives us the best chance so to fix it, we need to do those things' and referred to specifics of ball movement, quick possessions, rebounding, etc.

As fans, we pay lots of attention to trends and attitudes, but I don't think the players are as volatile as us. They play game-to-game and prepare accordingly. Work on the things with which we struggled and predictable matters for the next opponent. I don't think our team carries the emotional baggage from Manhattan as much as us fans. The team is much more consistent in its approach to games than us as fans.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Going to be in attendance yet again tonight, if we lose this one I think I’m done going to road/neutral site games for good

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
I might be in the minority but I would rather have played Texas and be the ones to send them packing.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Yeah, I read that Tre King talked about them working on what went wrong and sounds like he felt pretty good about how that went.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I hope this team is pissed off and ready for revenge against the purple kitties. There will be more ISU fans than K-State fans there. This should be a winner for us.
I wouldn't count on it. The arena was FULL of lavender yesterday (they didn't wear the darker purple we're used to).

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
In conference after losses the team has bounced back with good offensive performances. The only exception was after the at Houston game with the stinker WVU game.

I think this is not going to turn out well for the kitties. People forget we own the building.