Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They're having an International Women's Day call.
11 minutes in and they are still having technical difficulties
I thought about commenting maybe you should call a man to help you set it up correctly
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over too well

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They're having an International Women's Day call.
11 minutes in and they are still having technical difficulties
I thought about commenting maybe you should call a man to help you set it up correctly
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go over too well
You just checking out the women??? Or you feel like a woman today so you jumped on the call?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Went to the care center last night to visit the MIL. An older gentleman from our church is there due to a fall so I visited him also. He mentioned that it was really cold last night and he couldn’t sleep. I joked and asked if he had opened the window. He said yeah it was hot on Sunday so I opened it and it was never closed. He did chuckle a little then when I said that maybe closing the window would take care of that.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and oldman

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Nah, I keep thinking they’re still kids, and their moms still worry about them.
I might be in the minority but I respected Mike Gundy for his "I'm a man" speech to that reporter because of this reason. That QB had a terrible day. His mom was trying to help the kid out. All the reporter did is embarrass the kid.

Maybe Gundy could have handled it more privately but I can still respect him for it and think that I'd handle it differently.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When I was with Level 3 Communications, they had a deal with Northwest Airlines where we were bumped to 1st Class for free.

Only flew cattle class for the Corps of Engineers. Did get a ride in the generals Gulfstream III a couple of times (peons only rode if there was extra room based on rank/grade). Very old plane that supposed had been part of Reagan's presidential fleet in a previous service life. Old worn out overstuffed chairs in it that looked like they belonged in someone's living room. Based on the way the peeps talked about the "G3" I was shocked that it was in fact a complete piece of crap. I guess it looked cool from the outside, but woof, that interior. Something about the politics of the Mississippi River Commision was used to justify our division having it. Plus if you rode in it you were stuck with a bunch of asskissing toadies from the division.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I actually like it, being a very pedestrian 5'-9" who has shrunk to closer to 5'-8", when someone asks me at the store to reach up for something. :D

I've had to go all kid on a monkey bars to reach some stuff at Menards. I've no idea what they are thinking with some of their shelving/stack in some of their small stuffs isles.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I actually like it, being a very pedestrian 5'-9" who has shrunk to closer to 5'-8", when someone asks me at the store to reach up for something. :D

I've had to go all kid on a monkey bars to reach some stuff at Menards. I've no idea what they are thinking with some of their shelving/stack in some of their some stuffs isles.
I used to climb shelves. I'm not very good at that anymore. I have a half-dozen step-stools distributed in the rooms in my house.

• Friendly
Reactions: oldman

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I used to climb shelves. I'm not very good at that anymore. I have a half-dozen step-stools distributed in the rooms in my house.
Archive photo of KC helping a fellow Menards customer in the garden shop...

Graphics-Caption-2-CMBB-145-Leif-Cocks.jpg

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I might be in the minority but I respected Mike Gundy for his "I'm a man" speech to that reporter because of this reason. That QB had a terrible day. His mom was trying to help the kid out. All the reporter did is embarrass the kid.

Maybe Gundy could have handled it more privately but I can still respect him for it and think that I'd handle it differently.
That was almost 17 years ago.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Well… everything looked good no perforated eardrum. Dr is stumped. Doesn’t want to rule out that it could have been aneurysm. May have to get a CT scan to see. Kinda scary but I’m not going to worry about it to much yet.
That would be fairly rare. It’s most likely an infection or from minor trauma from using a Q-tip wrong. Was the blood dry or wet on the Q-tip, how far in was it, and how much?

I’m sure your primary did a thorough history but did you fly or go swimming before it happened? Sometimes pressure changes can cause it. I’m assuming it hasn’t continued?

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY