Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I've had some brief episodes of pulsating tinnitus but fortunately if I laid on the opposite side it lessened and it went away in a few days.
Then you most likely didn’t have PT. Unless you identified and treated an underlying condition causing PT the condition is usually permanent. It would be truly exceptionally rare for PT to spontaneously resolve itself.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
On the heels of the talk here about people asking you to reach something for them, it happened in the locker room at the gym today. Different though, old guy had dropped his keys and asked me if I could grab them for him since he had trouble reaching to the floor. So, old man me helped out my fellow old guy.
I'm more flexible at reaching the floor than Lew, even with my bad back and ample belly. Just don't ask me to squat down, or kneel down. My knees disapprove mightily.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Some of them are, but four of them at least are married and at least one is a father.
Hell getting woke up at 2 shouldn't have bothered the father. He should be used to getting up to take care of the kid.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
On the heels of the talk here about people asking you to reach something for them, it happened in the locker room at the gym today. Different though, old guy had dropped his keys and asked me if I could grab them for him since he had trouble reaching to the floor. So, old man me helped out my fellow old guy.
Well at least it wasn't the soap in the shower.:eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Pics or I won't believe you!

And it's brownies, not cupcakes. Cupcakes are too hard to smuggle!
i'll give it a try but fail at computer ****. oops big fail. if youre playing trivia maybe i can hook up with you then.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
i'll give it a try but fail at computer ****. oops big fail. if youre playing trivia maybe i can hook up with you then.
Not at Cy's House. Too many legacy tables; we've been subs a couple of times but have never been able to score a table. :(

Side note - if you ever need subs, hit us up. :D

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Things I learned today. Those red Iowa corn water bottles they give away at the FB games are NOT dishwasher safe. Oops.
We learned that as well. Pretty cool design afterwards but not conducive to its intended purpose.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Speaking of dishwashers. Replaced a 12 year old Whirlpool dishwasher with a Bosch 500 series. After 2 weeks:

• The whirlpool actually seemed to have a more premium feel. Like when you close the door it seemed more solid. I was kind of surprised by this but this was the only thing that was better.
  • Bosch-Yes, it's basically silent
  • Bosch-I like the top level silverware rack
  • Bosch-Wi-Fi connected. Like my fridge, washer/dryer, stove, etc. Don't care and will never use the app after the first time.
  • Bosch-A little light shines on the floor to tell you when it's running. I also enabled the option where it pops open when it's done drying, this is surprisingly nice.
  • Bosch-The racks have a lot of options. I need to be better about using them in an optimal way.
  • Bosch-Still torn on whether I should have bought the 500 with or without the handle. The previous Whirlpool had a handle but this one doesn't. Not sure what I prefer yet.
  • I ordered it online on Monday and on Wednesday it was delivered and installed by warner stellian. I'm happy I went this route because I'll get the $200 install back for Bosch and for some reason they hardwired it instead of just plugging it in.