Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My wife had it on, she falls asleep watching anything so she would never know but I came in and saw a player down and the trainers were basically just giving her a tummy rub it looked like. What happened there? She get a groin kick or something?

Reactions: clonehome

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My wife had it on, she falls asleep watching anything so she would never know but I came in and saw a player down and the trainers were basically just giving her a tummy rub it looked like. What happened there? She get a groin kick or something?

I saw a clip on twitter of CC hitting someone in kind of a half punch kind of thing but I doubt it would have caused that much of an injury.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
When is the traditional time for them to raise the "Nolan Ryan Attended Game 2024" banner into the rafters? First game of the year or at the start of conference play?

They're so thirsty over there for anything. I still can't believe that actually was a thing they tried to unironically hype the **** out of.

• Agree
  • Creative
Reactions: Cyhig, Jdk and 1776

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
When is the traditional time for them to raise the "Nolan Ryan Attended Game 2024" banner into the rafters? First game of the year or at the start of conference play?

They're so thirsty over there for anything. I still can't believe that actually was a thing they tried to unironically hype the **** out of.
You have to admit that having Nolan Ryan inside Carver Hawkeye Arena was pretty cool. Also, we can put to bed that Carver Hawkeye Arena is horrible because that crowd was lit yesterday and it looked and sounded great.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
You have to admit that having Nolan Ryan inside Carver Hawkeye Arena was pretty cool. Also, we can put to bed that Carver Hawkeye Arena is horrible because that crowd was lit yesterday and it looked and sounded great.

Nolan Ryan being there deserves a golf clap.

CHA most of the time is pretty awful. Ceiling tiles falling during games and the few boomers that show up are knitting and reading newspapers. Before we can say it's anything other than a flash in the pan, lets see what the crowds look like next year.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ and AlCyJim

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Carver is horrible because of the fans. Iowa fans are the ones blaming the arena over the years.
I can confirm that. I took my wife and 10 year old son to the ISU at Iowa game in Dec 2016 when Monte, Naz, Thomas and that crew got upset. Walking out of Carver some douche bag Hawk fan in probably his early 30s just started yelling all kinds of **** right in my face….”take that Cyclone fan”…..”thanks for the money”…..”enjoy your drive home”. My wife, who is not a sports fan, and my son were stunned. A visiting fan in Hilton will never experience that but in Iowa City it’s been a way of life for 40 years. If you ask around the Big 10 you won’t find a fanbase with a worse reputation than Iowa’s.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Here is my prediction. Iowa makes it to the Elite 8. They will lose then. But Iowa fans will scream and holler about how CC was roughed up the entire game and that the players on the other team are bunch of classless thugs. Media coverage of CC will continue for at least 9 months (WNBA draft, start of WNBA season). How long the media coverage lasts until then will depend on how well she does in her rookie year.

If she does well, more power to her.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Also, we can put to bed that Carver Hawkeye Arena is horrible because that crowd was lit yesterday and it looked and sounded great.

A perfect encapsulation of how thirsty and needy the Hawk fanbase can be.

One good crowd is supposed to put to bed all discussion of how bad their fans have responded for years.

When do you start to worry as Hawkeye fans that unless Iowa wins the national title this year that they will get nothing out of Clark's time in IC as a boost to the program?

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I can confirm that. I took my wife and 10 year old son to the ISU at Iowa game in Dec 2016 when Monte, Naz, Thomas and that crew got upset. Walking out of Carver some douche bag Hawk fan in probably his early 30s just started yelling all kinds of **** right in my face….”take that Cyclone fan”…..”thanks for the money”…..”enjoy your drive home”. My wife, who is not a sports fan, and my son were stunned. A visiting fan in Hilton will never experience that but in Iowa City it’s been a way of life for 40 years. If you ask around the Big 10 you won’t find a fanbase with a worse reputation than Iowa’s.
Yeah, I was there for that game too. Hawkroaches around us (didn't know any of them) were constant douches throughout the game, even kicking the back of our seat to ask if we were enjoying the game. I grew up a Hawk fan until I attended ISU. Wife was a Hawk fan when I married her. Now that she has experienced that "fandom" in person several times, she is more anti-Hawk then me.
Mizzou fans back in the 80s were bad, but they were better behaved at our ass-kicking down there last year.

Reactions: clonehome

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
A perfect encapsulation of how thirsty and needy the Hawk fanbase can be.

One good crowd is supposed to put to bed all discussion of how bad their fans have responded for years.

When do you start to worry as Hawkeye fans that unless Iowa wins the national title this year that they will get nothing out of Clark's time in IC as a boost to the program?

I'm curious to see what effect she has on their recruiting as well as the transfer portal. They lose a big chunk of their roster so the playing time is there for them to go out and get impact transfers and they won't have the large shadow of CC either now. I still find it odd how they were not able to bring in 1 good transfer after coming so close to winning it all last year. If it is because of CC or Bluder I guess we'll find out here soon on which direction the program goes over the next couple years.

The crowds for Iowa WBB were amazing this year. I mean if you are an Iowa MBB fan or player and you see the support they got over the empty seats at Carver for the men's games it shows that there is not a lot of excitement with the men's program these days and the product on the floor isn't as fun to watch.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I'm curious to see what effect she has on their recruiting as well as the transfer portal. They lose a big chunk of their roster so the playing time is there for them to go out and get impact transfers and they won't have the large shadow of CC either now. I still find it odd how they were not able to bring in 1 good transfer after coming so close to winning it all last year. If it is because of CC or Bluder I guess we'll find out here soon on which direction the program goes over the next couple years.

The crowds for Iowa WBB were amazing this year. I mean if you are an Iowa MBB fan or player and you see the support they got over the empty seats at Carver for the men's games it shows that there is not a lot of excitement with the men's program these days and the product on the floor isn't as fun to watch.
Unless Bluder asks a few others to leave, they have room for one from the portal this year.

They lose Clark, Davis, Marshall, Martin, and Goodman (who was going to stay but decided not to come back). This takes their roster to nine returners for next year.

They signed five in November, which takes them to 14; the scholarship limit is 15, so there is room for one transfer.