Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Ok so do you think him doing the I state permanent logo change is good.
Or moving the students back 8 feet in Hilton or moving the students away from the visiting team & band in football?
Hint every single team in the Big12 besides Texas Tech has the student section behind the visiting team. Only reason Tech doesn’t as of 2023, is due to renovations happening.
FWIW, CU doesn't have the students behind the visiting team.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
There was an article in the Cedar Rapids Gazette a couple weeks ago where Bowlsby was interviewed at some event in Iowa City. He talked about if these lawsuits go the way it's been going Olympic sports would suffer. Jason Belzer from the Oklahoma NIL said on 365 Sports on December 4th he believed if college athletes were deemed to be employees of the university that sports will be cut and Title IX wouldn't do much to be able to stop it. Loyola Marymount just recently announced the elimination of six Olympic sports (3 men and 3 women). That may just the beginning.
Probably the same event this was recorded at.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
At the same time, it is a business. As long as that business relationship is good, nbd. Don't need everyone to be close personal friends with each other.
At one point, Campbell's contract also included a buyout reduction if Pollard was no longer the AD. Not sure if that still is in the contract, but regardless, I feel like that alone shows that Campbell has a lot of respect for Pollard on the business side.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hey I pissed in that trough with Fran Fraschilla one year. Greatest "celebrity" encounter of my life.

LOL. I only got to pee next Patrick Reusse, the venerable old local sports sage and curmudgeon, at a Gopher Hawkeye game years ago.

Reactions: cytor

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Hilton renovations are absolutely necessary. Hilton from a fan experience sucks. The basketball aspects are great so don’t mess with that but going to a game can be hard because the bathrooms and concessions absolutely suck. That is all ignoring that the bridge things need replaced like 10 years ago. They just aren’t safe.
You’re 100% spot on with this but you’re gonna get killed for it

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
I love rubbing elbows, while peeing, with men that I've never met before.
Actually had a run in with a Puerto Vallarta local once. To see who could step back the most. It was awesome, I lost … a guy bumped into me because he had to use the stalls.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I could be wrong but I believe CyTown is also financed which can't look good on the financials right now. Tons of costs and no revenues in sight.
That is normal for a long-term real estate investment. Proper financing is in place for the long-term aspects of this investment.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Ok nevermind, I just got to the blocking on Twitter part. He is getting angry & defensive about Andy saying “why don’t you use mute them instead of blocking them. You don’t need to see what they say, but they can see what you can say.”
Jamie, “It’s my decision.”

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
This Pluto person really doesn't seem to like JP.
Dude has been having a full on meltdown this afternoon because Jamie said that in order to go into the rafters, a player must be in the school Hall of Fame, and also took him comparing us to how Kansas retires numbers as how our requirements are.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Bathrooms at least on the men’s side have really weird urinals. There also seem to be stuff that is just flat broken in there. View attachment 124679

When it comes to the concessions my biggest complaint is the lack of options. There are like 3 options. You can get a brat, hot dog, or walking taco. Then you couple that with long lines and high prices. I just flat out don’t get anything because the options aren’t good. Depending on the timing of the game it means you either have to eat at weird times or get fast food on your way to Ames.
Eat before or after you get there. Only acceptable concession purchase is a Clone Cone.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
There was an article in the Cedar Rapids Gazette a couple weeks ago where Bowlsby was interviewed at some event in Iowa City. He talked about if these lawsuits go the way it's been going Olympic sports would suffer. Jason Belzer from the Oklahoma NIL said on 365 Sports on December 4th he believed if college athletes were deemed to be employees of the university that sports will be cut and Title IX wouldn't do much to be able to stop it. Loyola Marymount just recently announced the elimination of six Olympic sports (3 men and 3 women). That may just the beginning.
Club sports will be the future for all non revenue sports in 15 years. The conferences will just be an umbrella organization for a group of athletics departments to license their events to media partners who consider them to be brand investments. These media partners will realize profit by pimping the brands and events they own the right to show, to the exclusion of the others. Players will need to stop worrying about academics and instead focus on developing their own personal brands. It will be in their best interest to consider transferring for a better deal and playing time each season. They will deservedly get 35-40% of revenues in the sports being watched but over time facilities and fan experience will suffer.

It's going to be different. It's going to be awful.

Reactions: exCYtable

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Actually had a run in with a Puerto Vallarta local once. To see who could step back the most. It was awesome, I lost … a guy bumped into me because he had to use the stalls.

On the topic of urinals (better than the last few pages). I was in Australia about 20 years ago, and a couple of us blokes went to the bathroom and saw a urinal like this. We stood on the tile, and pissed over the grate. Some locals walked in, looked at us all weirdly, and proceeded to stand on the grate.

Thus ends the international urinal lesson for the day.

attachment.aspx

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Club sports will be the future for all non revenue sports in 15 years. The conferences will just be an umbrella organization for a group of athletics departments to license their events to media partners who consider them to be brand investments. These media partners will realize profit by pimping the brands and events they own the right to show, to the exclusion of the others. Players will need to stop worrying about academics and instead focus on developing their own personal brands. It will be in their best interest to consider transferring for a better deal and playing time each season. They will deservedly get 35-40% of revenues in the sports being watched but over time facilities and fan experience will suffer.

It's going to be different. It's going to be awful.
I so hope that you are wrong, but I fear that you are likely correct.