***2023-24 College Football Thread***

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I’ve been saying it for week. The big 10 will weasel two teams in
View attachment 119888

Key there is According to Allstate Playoff Predictor. This is just what ESPN wants to happen. There’s no analysis involved. It’s just a group of Big10 and SEC shills in a room saying what they think should happen regardless of what has happened on the field.

Reactions: WartburgClone

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Key there is According to Allstate Playoff Predictor. This is just what ESPN wants to happen. There’s no analysis involved. It’s just a group of Big10 and SEC shills in a room saying what they think should happen regardless of what has happened on the field.
Exactly right. We’re told conference champions mean so much until it doesn’t.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
@WartburgClone Whitewater won so they play Wartburg in the quarterfinals, hoping they play in Waverly and not at a neutral site so I can come out to the game and stay at my cousin's in Denver. My sister is on the athletic training staff at Whitewater.

Reactions: Omaha Cy and NWICY

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
1. I didn't know Drake is in the FCS until a week ago.
2. Drake made the 24(?) team FCS playoffs this year.
3. Drake lost their 1st FCS playoff game by about 60 points to the NDSU Bison.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
If you thought the Big 12 tiebreakers were getting nutty and stupid, the Mountain West is not too far off. They are using computer rankings to determine their two teams after San Jose State upset UNLV yesterday to force a 3-way tie at 6-2 between those two and Boise State. Boise State and UNLV didn't play each other.

So per this article on ESPN, it looks like the top two in the computer rankings will determine the title game and the highest ranked computer team hosts. Where it gets fun is it sounds like UNLV was so far ahead yesterday that they are likely still in, so it's going to be between San Jose State and Boise State for the last spot. However, it doesn't appear as though the H2H will factor in at that point still either and just the highest of the two in the computers will go. I think Boise will be higher but if not and San Jose State gets the second spot you would be furious if you were a Boise State fan.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Texas and OU can F-off. Texas will probably win the Big12 title next weekend, but at least there's a chance that its not going to be UT wining and OU aint getting it in the final year of what was traditionally the B12.

Gundy is one of the most tenured coaches in CFB, and he's probably gonna retire in the Big12. Lets go Pokes!

Reactions: NWICY

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
1. I didn't know Drake is in the FCS until a week ago.
2. Drake made the 24(?) team FCS playoffs this year.
3. Drake lost their 1st FCS playoff game by about 60 points to the NDSU Bison.

They won their conference. Auto bid. It's kind of silly actually for non scholarship teams to be in that bracket. It's like Simpson or Central playing UNI or NDSU. Not a fair contest.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I totally forgot about the Georgia game. Looks like they were pushed a bit last night.

What a fantastic rivalry Saturday.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
They won their conference. Auto bid. It's kind of silly actually for non scholarship teams to be in that bracket. It's like Simpson or Central playing UNI or NDSU. Not a fair contest.
I saw some major grievances online about them making the field this year. I think they may have gone undefeated in the pioneer(?) but clearly not up to the task of competing with a far less than great NDSU team, who probably isn't even making a deep run this year.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I only made it to 2 CFB games this year. A real highlite for the season was sitting in the press box for the play by play broadcast of U of Central Missouri vs U of Kearney Nebraska. I'm welcome to join them in the booth whenever, so I'll certainly take them up on that offer. I've heard the D2 schools in Maryville MO and St Joe MO have really nice stadiums and both are only 2 hours from Omaha! Eventually I'll get to a U of Kearney Nebraska home game as well.

Really looking forward to going back to UCM in 2025.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I saw some major grievances online about them making the field this year. I think they may have gone undefeated in the pioneer(?) but clearly not up to the task of competing with a far less than great NDSU team, who probably isn't even making a deep run this year.

Scholarship level is just different.

Good for the players to get that experience to play more football though.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
And according to Emmanual Acho, OSU winning was bad for the Big 12. Get lost you SEC loser.
That MFer Acho, former Longwhorn, had the audacity to say not once but twice after the OSU-BYU game that keeping OU out of the CCG was bad for the Big 12. No you mindless, self-absorbed ******* moron, the entire Big 12 universe sans the traitorous Texas and OU fans have been rooting all season to keep both of you ******* out of the CCG like the last 2 years. That’s what is good for the Big 12, of which you are no longer a member.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Last regular season game ever for the Pac12 was Notre Dame @ Stanford on the P12Network.

That conference in a nutshell.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
It would be great to see OSU upset Texas but I’d rather prop up ISU. So FSU loses to Louisville, Texas wins and the playoffs are UGA, Michigan, Washington (or Oregon) and Texas. Then OSU and OU get NY6 games and the Clones play in the Alamo Bowl vs Arizona. That would be amazing.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt and GTO