What TV show are you streaming right now?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Hulu.

“… young chef from the fine dining world comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop after a heartbreaking death in his family. A world away from what he's used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing realities of small business ownership”
Waffle House - the series

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I've never seen an episode and thought about jumping into this. I just finished Entourage as I had only seen the first season.

I've only seen the first few episodes of The Wire and really want to move on to that. And I wanna rewatch seasons 1 and 2 of Westworld, ******* love that ****.

However Roku and Netflix keep trying to shove Suites down my throat so I gave in and watched the first few and now I'm hooked into that
Sopranos is simply one of, if not the best drama ever. It’s incredibly good.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Waffle House - the series
That about summed it up for me. Wife liked it more than I did, I thought it was just pretty good. Worth watching though. Did not like the main character, but the supporting cast was very good. Unique style - the music is great, which is key because it’s very montage heavy.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Watched Suits years ago & we've started watching again when nothing else sounds good since it's just there on Netflix now. Damn good show.

I dunno how I missed Suits when it aired but I'm on season 5 now. A couple slow spots, but overall a damn fun show. I like how they don't just murder everyone and their cousin like some shows (not that it wasn't awesome in certain shows like BB and Better Call Saul). I'm also a closet lawyer fanatic (only person I know that enjoyed jury duty was me).

Reactions: Tailg8er

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I dunno how I missed Suits when it aired but I'm on season 5 now. A couple slow spots, but overall a damn fun show. I like how they don't just murder everyone and their cousin like some shows (not that it wasn't awesome in certain shows like BB and Better Call Saul). I'm also a closet lawyer fanatic (only person I know that enjoyed jury duty was me).
Season 8 is not great, but season 9 on Prime is better again.

• Informative
Reactions: mj4cy

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Watching Dark on Netflix. Takes a lot more thinking and attention than I like, but still good, if not overly complex.

Reactions: 1100011CS

LowOverhead

Jun 15, 2015
Was SE Iowa
The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart (after 3 eps, all in for us)
Special Ops: Lioness (be aware, hard to watch)

Finished: HiJack (strong recommendation)

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I'm halfway through S2 of For All Mankind on AppleTV+. It took me a long time to get into it, but now I'm hooked.

Premise is an alternate history where the Soviets were first to land a man on the moon. The US responds by investing heavily in the space/moon program. S1 takes place in the 60s-70s and S2 is late-70s/80s. Created by Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica). They just wrapped filming of S4.

Reactions: mramseyISU

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Season 2 finale of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is out today. It's a banger.

The show is climbing the ranks of my favorites. I don't know if it can ever surpass Next Generation, but if it isn't nearly perfect Trek, I'm not sure what show is.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Finished Dark on Netflix. To caveat, I had a stroke on Monday which was between seasons 2 and 3 and my head's not right yet. But with that, I found season 3 to be even more complex than 1 and 2 and to the point I lost interest, though kept going to the end.

Having ADHD doesn't help, but they put too many characters into it to keep track of 3 or 4 of them at different points in time and/or worlds (for each of the characters) at any given point. Took it from a leisurely pleasure to requiring way too much focus. A shame because it had a great premise and the first 2 seasons weren't quite so brain intensive.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Finished Dark on Netflix. To caveat, I had a stroke on Monday which was between seasons 2 and 3 and my head's not right yet. But with that, I found season 3 to be even more complex than 1 and 2 and to the point I lost interest, though kept going to the end.

Having ADHD doesn't help, but they put too many characters into it to keep track of 3 or 4 of them at different points in time and/or worlds (for each of the characters) at any given point. Took it from a leisurely pleasure to requiring way too much focus. A shame because it had a great premise and the first 2 seasons weren't quite so brain intensive.
One of my favorite moments watching season 3 of Dark was when I realized
everything was a mirror image of the prime timeline.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Full Circle on Max. Star studded cast, great reviews, and its meh to me.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Just discovered a few days ago there's a new season of Hunters on Amazon Prime, so I'm part way through that. Watched the first season a few years ago and figured there wasn't going to be a second, it had been so long.

Before that I watched the Night Agent on Netflix, which had a plot that seemed right out of the show 24. Thought it was OK, but not great.