306,000 alumni could turn the tide

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Does CF help with any WeWill stuff? So by supporting CF or just being on here, you are passively supporting WeWill?
FJ4wy-oXwAE3SSA.jpg

Reactions: tim_redd

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
My position is that “playing this game” will take us down faster than “not playing the game”. Other people have the opposite viewpoint. We’re probably going to find out soon enough. And if I’m wrong, I’ll say I was wrong.

To me college athletics is very fan driven. This whole “NIL” thing is going to lead to a decrease of fan interest and will eventually lead to CFB and CBB becoming a minor league. Do you watch/support any minor league sports or teams in the same way you currently watch/support ISU athletics.

I’m a nativist on this issue. It’s a GoFundMe ploy and as I mentioned above it’s the “Wild West” which to me means it’s rife for abuse, corruption, cheating, etc. I’m not going to foment that and I hope others won’t foment it.

I’d rather have a Collective for ordinary students that don’t get scholarships and don’t get everything for free already. Including fringe sports and ESPECIALLY walk ons to FB and BB that have to put in all the work but don’t get all of the perks that most of the players around them get.

Let’s make Iowa State special, let’s do something special with this; not just lump ourselves in with every other terd wal mart fan school out there.
We already have that - it's the Foundation. Please give to this group.

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Sort of what I'm trying to get at; the improvement for ISU football seems to have come along with a coach that offers a unique experience in being in the program and some of the players involved with that like David Montgomery making it the thing to work out on Friday nights.

There's an article on CF from just prior to the tournament about how Tre King's dad really appreciated TJ's genuine relationship with Tre. Whether or not it lasts, nobody knows but either way ISU will need to have something far beyond 'how much can we pay the 4 star guy?' when so many other schools will just need to push a button and name their own price.
Our guys are getting money for coming and staying.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
One question I have on this: Is there anything stopping making “NIL” contingent on player performance/appearance/team performance? Kind of how they do it in the EPL/European football?
Good question for Blum. It is an "arrangement" between the athlete and the NIL.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
One question I have on this: Is there anything stopping making “NIL” contingent on player performance/appearance/team performance? Kind of how they do it in the EPL/European football?
Competent oversight? No school or conference is going to put that stipulation on their athletes by themselves.

I also have no idea how you'd enforce compliance. I guess if a charity complains nobody was showing up when they were told they would, but the athletes are 'volunteering' their time just like anyone else.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Competent oversight? No school or conference is going to put that stipulation on their athletes by themselves.

I also have no idea how you'd enforce compliance. I guess if a charity complains nobody was showing up when they were told they would, but the athletes are 'volunteering' their time just like anyone else.

I’m talking about on-court/on -field

• Informative
Reactions: Bader

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Do other schools have more money to offer?

If so, what else keeps the players at ISU?
UT raised $10 million for an NIL just for offensive lineman.

Commitment.....loyalty, etc.

FB and BB players are getting money to stay. Will McDonald and TJ Tampa are the ones that have been common knowledge.

Reactions: State2015

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
UT raised $10 million for an NIL just for offensive lineman.

Commitment.....loyalty, etc.

FB and BB players are getting money to stay. Will McDonald and TJ Tampa are the ones that have been common knowledge.

So they could get paid better elsewhere but still chose ISU.

Which is what I'm getting at.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron