****Official Class Of 2024 Recruiting Thread****

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Are we still recruiting Asuma? A while back it was reported he would be at the Kansas game, but I'm not sure if we moved on with the addition of Pierce.
Definitely not him. I’m 6’3 this kid was considerably taller.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Are we still recruiting Asuma? A while back it was reported he would be at the Kansas game, but I'm not sure if we moved on with the addition of Pierce.

Was wondering if he did indeed visit. Hell of a win and peak Hilton to sell if he was there. Gophers have nothing like that to offer.

Star Trib in the northland had a big writeup on him this weekend.

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Really like the idea of 2025 starting with a center. I'm sure Rock will be paired with a transfer his freshman year so it would be nice to have the next guy in house for grooming.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Curious. Talking doesn’t equal an offer…

ON IOWA STATE

“I really don’t know much about them yet. I’ve gotten some information on them and I’ll learn more as I keep talking to them.”

ON HIS DREAM SCHOOL

“A dream school for me is North Carolina, but I’ve always wanted to play out on the East Coast. That or stay somewhere down south.”

I know it's recruiting and all, but neither of those quotes gives me anything more than a 'kicking the tires' feel

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
ON IOWA STATE

“I really don’t know much about them yet. I’ve gotten some information on them and I’ll learn more as I keep talking to them.”

ON HIS DREAM SCHOOL

“A dream school for me is North Carolina, but I’ve always wanted to play out on the East Coast. That or stay somewhere down south.”

I know it's recruiting and all, but neither of those quotes gives me anything more than a 'kicking the tires' feel

That generally means if he goes to a school, it’s a resume builder these days for the next dream school

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Asuma will be announcing on Thursday. As we know ISU has backed off recruiting him after prioritizing and getting Pierce to commit. All the smoke I've seen point to Issac will be a Gopher by Friday and he should play early. Just closing the loop.

Reactions: isutrevman

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Asuma will be announcing on Thursday. As we know ISU has backed off recruiting him after prioritizing and getting Pierce to commit. All the smoke I've seen point to Issac will be a Gopher by Friday and he should play early. Just closing the loop.

Asuma is going to the Minnesota golden gopher juco team for two years to get some seasoning before transferring to Iowa State.