*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Time for the coaches and players to look deep in their heart and decide what they are going to do now. Kansas is coming up; team has zero momentum, and the only bright spot is the game is at home. You have to play with heart, and we did not do that the entire second half. Out played out coached and it's not looking good for the Cyclones.
Out coached? How are you supposed to adjust to the refs calling you for a foul every possession the other team has for a 4 minute stretch? The refs lulled our guys to sleep with the whistles and tech ratcheted up the intensity. This was an awful, fabricated win for tech

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Can’t believe what just happened.

Conflicted. This is a good staff.

But only a bad staff could manage to blow a 23 point lead. Even with refs that are point shaving, it’s incredibly hard to blow that.

It is the most unbelievable 15+ minutes of basketball I’ve seen in my lifetime.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I'm sorry, all you "dont blame the refs" folks can **** right off.

The only way Tech got back in that game was being gifted points on almost every single possession of the second half. It wasn't until then we started to crack, because we couldnt play defense any more either.

Officiating in this league is corrupt. That was too awful to just be incompetence.

Turnovers were much bigger issue but this team gets to 6 fouls so damn fast and once you get there all you have to do is put your head down and drive.

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
******** it doesn’t. The most painful loss of the TJ era, by far and away.

For the resume it doesn't matter.

The real concern is that this turns into an ugly streak. The team that played Saturday (obviously without Grill, so unfair to completely judge) and the team that played the last 15 minutes tonight is a very, very bad team. The team that played Texas and Kansas State is a very good team.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Can’t believe what just happened.

Conflicted. This is a good staff.

But only a bad staff could manage to blow a 23 point lead.

It is the most unbelievable 15+ minutes of basketball I’ve seen in my lifetime.
And this is the second lead we’ve blown so far this season like this.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
We played poorly, that might have something to do with taking our foot off that gas, but the officials ****** us badly tonight. We didn't have to let it affect us, but this was a real raw screwing.

Both of these things are true. It absolutely CAANOT be a foul every time someone from Tech drives the lane. And yet it was.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I don’t think Steve Prohm ever gave up a 23 point lead.

• Haha
Reactions: CYDJ

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Wow. Probably just pissed a chance at competing for a Big-12 title down our legs. Better figure it the **** out quickly. That is exactly how teams will be defending us for the foreseeable future.
We pissed the Big 12 title down our leg in Stillwater, tonight was thinking "it's just a fart" after eating Taco Bell for lunch and dinner.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
An excellent gut check against what is, by far, the best last place team in the country. This will pay dividends during the February run on days when the team is more rested.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'm sorry, all you "dont blame the refs" folks can **** right off.

The only way Tech got back in that game was being gifted points on almost every single possession of the second half. It wasn't until then we started to crack, because we couldnt play defense any more either.

Officiating in this league is corrupt. That was too awful to just be incompetence.

No **** we had more fouls, when you give up penetration on every possession that's what happens. How can any fan of ISU not know that? It was a staple of Prohm's regime. It's not some grand conspiracy it's basketball 101.

• Dumb
Reactions: crs8975 and alarson

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Inexcusable loss. The officiating 100% is the only reason the game got close. The refs were clearly loving it and could tell by how animated they were on their calls. But after about the 5 minute mark that was all on us. There were several possessions that all we needed to do was hold the ball for 30 second and take a shot clock violation and would've had a better chance of winning

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron