I like Surly

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I like Surly and generally am a fan of affable, reasonable fans from rival schools

• I agree and appreciate kind interactions with opposing fans

Votes: 136 64.8%
  • I don't need to see or hear what any of our rivals think

Votes: 33 15.7%
  • I'm good with generally violent behavior towards hawkeyes

Votes: 41 19.5%

• Total voters

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Let me expound, and only getting personal ad it seemed like you made a veiled dig at me.

I'm truly not surprised by your reaction, your assessment of me and/or Surly.

You seem to lack any imagination, moral, philosophical or creative. From what I've observed this results in you being very rigid with putting ppl into "holes/buckets/labels" and anything that can be perceived in a manner that fits your perception, it is so!

This creates a very limited space for dialogue or competing thiughts, resulting in a copious amount of "dumb" reactions.

Perhaps you have an opinion of me based upon some other exchange. From what ive observed, if this is so, would make you incapable of considering what I'm saying to have any value, real or potential.

I also see very little sense of humor from you and generally place yourself in the seat of authority with little backing to justify doing so other than the sense that there may be more ppl on "your side" of a matter.

You will likely dumb this post, offer little value in response. I hope you don't.

But ask yourself. You clicked on this thread in Big12 conference. Saw the title. May or May not have voted, but chose to not engage with the substance but rather make a personal dig. Either at me and/or Surly.

I don't find that affable or enjoyable. I don't like that.
Green-Bay-Packer-Memes-29.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 0u812 and jctisu

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
big-lebowski-walter.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Historical. There will be a discussion on a topic and he'll start a new thread on the same topic. Trolls with his power ranking threads.
A funny old post:
How would surly/tmcats be able to post useless rankings featuring K-state on 21 different message boards? Doing it on 9 different ones seems pretty tough the way it is.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Yes there's been linked posts here over the years of what he's posted on other sites.
Had an account here once as tmcats as well.
I casually post here over the last few years, but haven't followed the origin story. Haven't seen evidence of anything egregious here and hasn't been banned.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm interested in dialogue not performance.

And you responded to my post, which had a valid criticism of Surly that many would agree with (that Surly tends to start new threads on any random thought that pops in, even if another thread already exists and is active on that topic) with a long-winded diatribe against me.

That doesn't sound like someone who wants dialogue, unless its just dialogue that you agree with.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I'm sure the mods are aware.

I don't really care if Surly posts, I'm just showing you what you think is probably not the real story.
I've asked for examples and most I've gotten is they're maybe a bit annoying, and possibly that they were prev banned.

Is that on every user to do background checks?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Historical. There will be a discussion on a topic and he'll start a new thread on the same topic. Trolls with his power ranking threads.

Can’t wait for this week’s version lol.

2: K-state - outlier game getting blown out by 30 in a snake pit at TCU. Keeping them here until we get more information. The talent is there to compete for the title and a deep run to the Final Four.

9: ISU - Lost at KU by 2 on a buzzer beater. Feels like the tide is changing in a big way after this game so had to drop them way down. Talent just isn’t there and could be looking at a tough remainder of the season.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
And you responded to my post, which had a valid criticism of Surly that many would agree with (that Surly tends to start new threads on any random thought that pops in, even if another thread already exists and is active on that topic) with a long-winded diatribe against me.

That doesn't sound like someone who wants dialogue, unless its just dialogue that you agree with.
Had you typed this the first time I would have reacted to it as useful or informative. That's not what was said though.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've asked for examples and most I've gotten is they're maybe a bit annoying, and possibly that they were prev banned.

Is that on every user to do background checks?

Had you typed this the first time I would have reacted to it as useful or informative.
You starting a thread about liking a poster would make people assume that you know that poster's history/pattern of posting.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneLawman

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Can’t wait for this week’s version lol.

2: K-state - outlier game getting blown out by 30 in a snake pit at TCU. Keeping them here until we get more information. The talent is there to compete for the title and a deep run to the Final Four.

9: ISU - Lost at KU by 2 on a buzzer beater. Feels like the tide is changing in a big way after this game so had to drop them way down. Talent just isn’t there and could be looking at a tough remainder of the season.
"Tang not mixed strong enough to handle the Frogs, can the boys redeem against the 'sure of them Selfs' in the Ocatagon?"