McD is not the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
If this is not an appropriate game to melt down over -- what is?

Patience? For what exactly? This program has done NOTHING in three years. Losses like this give me little reason to believe that next year will be any different.

The team looked like they were walking in quick sand tonight. They gave about 50% and even a little more would have put them over the top. For example, is it really that difficult for 6'11" Alex Thompson to convert a 2 foot layup?

3 years and precious little to show for it. NCAA in '09 or hit the road.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Lets all blame the coach. YAY!!! Like I said before, the coach gets all of the blame when the team loses and gets none of the credit when it wins. The coach didn't committ 15 turnovers, the coach wasn't the one who couldn't put the ball in the hoop. Does he get some of the blame? Sure but he surely doesn't get all of it.

He didnt miss the shots either.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Lets all blame the coach. YAY!!! Like I said before, the coach gets all of the blame when the team loses and gets none of the credit when it wins. The coach didn't committ 15 turnovers, the coach wasn't the one who couldn't put the ball in the hoop. Does he get some of the blame? Sure but he surely doesn't get all of it.

I'm sorry but McD gets the all the blame for this one..this team was in no shape or form prepared for this game.

jimmycy

Apr 19, 2006
I hate to say it but I think you may be right. That was a pathetic effort. Colorado is horrible.

Did anyone else notice the players giving Mac the cold shoulder when he would talk to them coming off of the court? I saw a great deal of pouting ala Wesley Johnson form last year. That is a bad, bad, sign. This is getting very emberrassing. This team is not stacked but it should be at least 15-5.

This is the first time I noticed Mac looking like he is feeling the pressure. I really think he misclaculated the task at hand. Too much playing for the future and giving games away in order to establish his system. I hope this ship can be righted.

We are in desperate need of improved guard play. If we don't get it we don't have a chance.

cyworship

Jan 10, 2009
Omaha, NE
Gets a Little Long

Until we can hold players it is going to be tough to compete.

L.A. Pomlee
Clinton Mann
Justin Hamilton
Dominique Buckley
Wes Eikmeier
Jamie Vanderbeken

Charles Boozer – still on.
Craig Brackins – still on.
Marcus Brister – quit.
P’Allen Stinnet – backed out on commitment and went to Creighton where he starts.
Diante Garrett – still on.
Lucca Staiger – still on.
ClaytonVette – quit.

2006 – First McDermott class
Cory Johnson – Transferred to Valparaiso due to playing time issues.
Dodie Dunson – had issues maintaining his grades due to learning disability, year at Juco and now starts for Bradley. ISU messed up here not fulfilling promises to his family to provide proper tutoring and assistance programs in line with the needs of his learning disability. Dodie Dunson - BRADLEYBRAVES.COM—Official Web Site of Bradley University Athletics
Wesley Johnson – Transferred to Syracuse, will sit out 2009 and have two years left. Rumored that ISU team doctors misdiagnosed an injury and gave him OK to play when they shouldn’t have. Once he figured it out he left. SUathletics.com - The Official Website of Syracuse University Athletics
Corey Macintosh – transferred to Augustana, helped lead Augustana to 2008 Div. II semifinals and named to Div. II North Central District second team.
Mike Taylor – NBA Development League Idaho Stampede – 2008 Averaged 14.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 4.3 assists NBA.com: Mike Taylor Draft 2008 Profile
Alex Thompson – still on, limited minutes.

2005 (billed as a top 10 class nationally)
Theo Davis – didn’t qualify with NCAA, went to prep school a year to get grades in line, ended up at Gonzaga where he was kicked off team.
Shawn Taggart – unhappy with Morgan firing, starts 2009 for Memphis and played a lot of contributing minutes off bench during 2008 final four team.
Farnold Degand – unhappy with Morgan firing, went to NC State and is a good contributor.
Kellen Lee – never showed, went to LA Comm. College and was kicked off. Declared for NBA draft but basically became a joke for doing so.
Ross Marsden – quit.
Juri Hubalek – finished career at ISU
Jessan Gray – finished career at ISU
Mike Evanovich – playing time issues, transferred to Fairfield where he was a contributor.

Rashon Clark – finished career at ISU.
Tasheed Carr – unhappy with Morgan firing, Team Co-Captain at St. Joseph’s which lost in first round of 2008 NCAA.
Aaron Agnew - overweight, quit at Robert Morris weighing over 360 lbs.
Ivan Chiriaev – never showed, declared for NBA draft but wasn’t drafted, played for a team in Holland but was cut. Guessing some college ball might have helped this guy develop.
Anthony Davis – finished at ISU. Morgan’s demise was linked to the original recruiting of Davis. The D1 scheduling company controversy was linked to Davis’ Juco coach. All of the schools involved in the scandal either had recruited or were in the process of recruiting Juco players from the school.
Robert Faulkner – kicked off.

Last edited:

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Not saying much. GMac still has my support until the end of next yrs season. We have 2 players that have signed letters saying they are coming to ISU - keep the kids we have on the roster right now, and no excuses. Next yr, just win. Its that simple. Win. I'm still cheering for the team and GMac.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think people have a legitimate beef here. I am sick of hiding behind the youth of this team to explain why we have been so bad. We just lost to a first year headcoach who inherited a team who was in last place in the Big 12 last year. While I know many are quick to say "How can you judge someone in 3 years" I think it is very easy to do just that. He has lost to inferior programs, with inferior talent. He has lost to teams with less experience than us, and has in 3 years done nothing in the way of making us a better team. The only bright spot in our season so far is not getting killed by 2 programs that are much better than us. Our wins have all been unimpressive, and many of our losses have been downright embarassing.

OC Cyclone

Mar 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
I'm not a huge McDermott fan, but I'm not sure Roy Williams could coach a team successfully that let's Colorado go on a 10-0 run at the end of a game...did anyone else see the lack of interior defense on two straight drives to the basket?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I think people have a legitimate beef here. I am sick of hiding behind the youth of this team to explain why we have been so bad. We just lost to a first year headcoach who inherited a team who was in last place in the Big 12 last year. While I know many are quick to say "How can you judge someone in 3 years" I think it is very easy to do just that. He has lost to inferior programs, with inferior talent. He has lost to teams with less experience than us, and has in 3 years done nothing in the way of making us a better team. The only bright spot in our season so far is not getting killed by 2 programs that are much better than us. Our wins have all been unimpressive, and many of our losses have been downright embarassing.

It's Bzdelik's 2nd year.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

Yes, but when a team consistently can't get shots down, the coach has to be blamed. I'm a big Mac fan, but I'm starting to question him has our coach moving forward. I was also supportive of Chizik until he chiziked us, but was deeply concerned at how the team seemed to get worse as the season went on; now I'm seeing the same thing happen in BB. Sometimes you can claim greater competition as a reason for a team appearing to go backward, but Colorado may be worse than SDSU.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Not saying much. GMac still has my support until the end of next yrs season. We have 2 plays that have signed letters saying they are coming to ISU - keep the kids we have on the roster right now, and no excuses. Next yr, just win. Its that simple. Win. I'm still cheering for the team and GMac.

I agree up to a point, but Colvin and Gilstrap are going to have to be SuperHuman to help us overcome THE WORST BASKETBALL I'VE EVER SEEN FROM AN ISU MBB PROGRAM!!!!!

I began watching ISU basketball during Barry Stevens frosh year, this is by far the worst, not even close imho.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm not a huge McDermott fan, but I'm not sure Roy Williams could coach a team successfully that let's Colorado go on a 10-0 run at the end of a game...did anyone else see the lack of interior defense on two straight drives to the basket?

I did not get the telecast, but I did see in the yahoo ticker that the CU coach calls a TO at around the 3:20 mark with his team down 1...and they come out of that on an 8-2 run. To me that's coaching adjustments.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
McD has to either a) make the postseason next year and/or b) get HB to commit. Without one or both of those, we will need a new coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.