How many people donated to We Will today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
What does that even mean?
Most likely - it's referring to the way just about everything is going to a subscription model. You know - $17 for Netflix, $40 for your weekly delivered groceries, $50 for the service that sends you new clothes, etc.

I don't fault We Will for going that way (people do it because it works), and I personally donate monthly to them. But I don't like the general marketing trend that a lot of predatory companies are using to try to lock in steady monthly revenue by getting people to subscribe to things they don't need and then forget about. That said We Will allows you to do a one time donation so if you're not comfortable with recurring just do a one time payment.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Reality is that NiL is here to stay and it is not going away.

I find it quite shocking honestly that we cannot get 10,000 die hard ISU fans to donate just $10-$20 month.

If an ISU fan chooses not to donate out of principle that is their choice I guess. All it does is put ISU behind even further.

Do people know how it looks when the perception is ISU fans are cheap? Don't think future recruits look at twitter or message boards..they do.

WeWill offers a monthly subscription now with benefits.

Everyone uses Amazon Prime now or most should. Make sure to sign up for Amazon Smile under WeWill. Every purchase a % goes to WeWill.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Still blows my mind people got brainwashed into thinking it was the fans responsibility to pay for players to come or stay at their school. This in no way should have ever fallen to the fan. That is the reason I will never participate.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
The Director of the Iowa NIL was openly boasting today on KXNO that they have raised $3M with goals913.433.3696 of $10M and that’s right here in Iowa. I don’t love the direction either, but if you spend this much time invested in the Cyclones on this message board, this is a direct way YOU can make a difference going forward. We are nowhere near $3M to be candid. Yet, some would rather advertise that they don’t want to help. If you won‘t, who will?
^ this was Pollard's first step at the AD turnaround. Wanted to hear grievances and ideas, but if you weren't giving to the AD or willing to give to the AD, to the back of the line or hard mute.

It makes sense

Last edited:

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Still blows my mind people got brainwashed into thinking it was the fans responsibility to pay for players to come or stay at their school. This in no way should have ever fallen to the fan. That is the reason I will never participate.
So if zero of us “brainwashed” fans donate, how will ISU football look? Where is that money coming from without the fans? Did you not see what Blum said about Iowa?

No shame in you not wanting to donate, but IMO there’s shame in statements like this. Calling other people brainwashed who are giving money to support kids that give so much for ISU and to help us compete is honestly absurd. If fans of ISU don’t donate to our collective, cool. Fans of our competitors will keep donating and leave us in the dust

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
This. Really boggles my mind. These people love ISU enough to make an account here, spend time on CF reading/posting. But then they’re proud to say they’re not donating to this collective that will help ISU survive in todays CFB landscape.

I understand not everyone has extra cash to spend and that’s completely fine. But posting on cyclone freaking fanatic like you’d rather die than give to the collective just stumps me man
It’s why we are going to fall behind
Don’t know about it him, but I don’t believe in NIL to the extent it has become. Never will either. If that means ISU sucks for eternity, then so be it. More important things in life. If others want to donate, good on them.

Also, I’m poor AF.
I hate what NIL has become, but I donate every month.
That said, when college athletes become full-time paid employees, I’ll be done with it across-the-board. Until then, I will do my part.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

I understand change is unwanted for many, but sustained success in college football has always been a fan-driven effort in both paying for talent, and alumni donations for new facilities, amenities, and perks for athletes. This has not changed in 50+ years.

The only change now is the money going to talent is out in the open, and the barriers to entry to participate in that effort are no more.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Don’t know about it him, but I don’t believe in NIL to the extent it has become. Never will either. If that means ISU sucks for eternity, then so be it. More important things in life. If others want to donate, good on them.

Also, I’m poor AF.
So the minimum to the Clone Club or Grid Iron Club?

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
So if zero of us “brainwashed” fans donate, how will ISU football look? Where is that money coming from without the fans? Did you not see what Blum said about Iowa?

No shame in you not wanting to donate, but IMO there’s shame in statements like this. Calling other people brainwashed who are giving money to support kids that give so much for ISU is honestly absurd. If fans of ISU don’t donate to our collective, cool. Fans of our competitors will keep donating and leave us in the dust

I was not saying just ISU fans are brainwashed. It’s anyone who thinks this is fine. The whole system is insane. TV networks are paying these conferences billions of dollars, there is so much money in college football, yet the fans are the ones footing the bill while the schools and conferences are raking it in.

If you want to donate that is fine, it’s your money do what you want, but you have to admit that this is insane. These players should be getting paid by the universities directly, not by the fans. There is no other model like this in professional sports. Why do you think that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.