How many people donated to We Will today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KremitGreens

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020
I notice I give donations when big things happen, like today. I’ve been so frustrated with the offense and was getting the feeling nothing was going to happen. Once Manning was canned, my checkbook became open again.

Hopefully there was a nice number of us donating out of approval of decisions being made!

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
I’m gonna sign up for the monthly giving option pretty soon. Need to keep supporting them especially when they show that are committed to improving.

Side note: What motivates people to come on here, a website full of cyclone “fanatics” and tell the world that you didn’t donate to help the team you supposedly love? I get why people may not give, that’s totally fine, people have different priorities, but to come on here and potentially convince others to not give? I just don’t understand the need to do that.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
I’m gonna sign up for the monthly giving option pretty soon. Need to keep supporting them especially when they show that are committed to improving.

Side note: What motivates people to come on here, a website full of cyclone “fanatics” and tell the world that you didn’t donate to help the team you supposedly love? I get why people may not give, that’s totally fine, people have different priorities, but to come on here and potentially convince others to not give? I just don’t understand the need to do that.
This. Really boggles my mind. These people love ISU enough to make an account here, spend time on CF reading/posting. But then they’re proud to say they’re not donating to this collective that will help ISU survive in todays CFB landscape.

I understand not everyone has extra cash to spend and that’s completely fine. But posting on cyclone freaking fanatic like you’d rather die than give to the collective just stumps me man

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This. Really boggles my mind. These people love ISU enough to make an account here, spend time on CF reading/posting. But then they’re proud to say they’re not donating to this collective that will help ISU survive in todays CFB landscape.

I understand not everyone has extra cash to spend and that’s completely fine. But posting on cyclone freaking fanatic like you’d rather die than give to the collective just stumps me man
Ya I think it's dumb to lobby against something that is working to help your cause.

TwinCitiesCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2013
I notice I give donations when big things happen, like today. I’ve been so frustrated with the offense and was getting the feeling nothing was going to happen. Once Manning was canned, my checkbook became open again.

Hopefully there was a nice number of us donating out of approval of decisions being made!
I donated today!

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
The Director of the Iowa NIL was openly boasting today on KXNO that they have raised $3M with goals of $10M and that’s right here in Iowa. I don’t love the direction either, but if you spend this much time invested in the Cyclones on this message board, this is a direct way YOU can make a difference going forward. We are nowhere near $3M to be candid. Yet, some would rather advertise that they don’t want to help. If you won‘t, who will?

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Ya I think it's dumb to lobby against something that is working to help your cause.
Not to mention just helping out these kids that give so much to ISU. Blum does a great job of highlighting some guys (Isaiah Lee, Anthony Johnson) that have unique situations and more than deserve a little extra. Lee is supporting his little sister in Ames. To be so against this is just maddening

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
What can we do to get you on board? Legit curious if anything.

Don’t know about it him, but I don’t believe in NIL to the extent it has become. Never will either. If that means ISU sucks for eternity, then so be it. More important things in life. If others want to donate, good on them.

Also, I’m poor AF.

ILikeBacon

Apr 1, 2013
Also - don't forget to set up your Amazon donations to go to We Will (as recently posted by GetAwesome).

TwinCitiesCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2013

Agree with this 100%.

You may not want to be part of the solution, but don't contribute to the problem.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
The Director of the Iowa NIL was openly boasting today on KXNO that they have raised $3M with goals of $10M and that’s right here in Iowa. I don’t love the direction either, but if you spend this much time invested in the Cyclones on this message board, this is a direct way YOU can make a difference going forward. We are nowhere near $3M to be candid. Yet, some would rather advertise that they don’t want to help. If you won‘t, who will?

WE WILL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron