Michigan - Michigan State Post-game fight

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's at least a little funny that the assaulters' last names are easily visible on their jerseys.

There'd better at least be suspensions coming.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Notre Dame Stadium used to just have the one tunnel as a lot about the stadium was based on Michigan’s stadium. They built a new visitor tunnel I think some time around 2017 near the north end zone. It’s narrow and looks weird but not going to have this issue.
I’m sure Michigan will be doing something now. Not sure how they could justify not doing it.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
The MSU players are at fault for their actions and should be punished. The University of Michigan is also at fault as there have been multiple issues in the tunnels between UM and visiting teams. It is their responsibility to fix the the problem and prevent potential situations like this. I personally think Harbaugh liked the dynamic of it until it got out of hand this time.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
There are reports that a 2nd Michigan player was also assaulted, and potentially a broken nose between the two of them.
Andrel Anthony in this video evidently is the broken nose

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Suspended 4 players with more displianry action to come. Also left the door open to increasing the punishments as more video and statements come out.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Notre Dame Stadium used to just have the one tunnel as a lot about the stadium was based on Michigan’s stadium. They built a new visitor tunnel I think some time around 2017 near the north end zone. It’s narrow and looks weird but not going to have this issue.

The whole Miami vs Notre Dame fight at the tunnel probably forced that.

Also

Michigan State fans appear delusional and must not understand that everyone thinks their players are scum

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
1-2 players need to be booted with that video. Punching a guy on the ground is a trash player. You don’t want to be a team with trash players.
I am still hopeful that some future discipline action occurs as things progress. At least something came out within 24 hours.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Andrel Anthony in this video evidently is the broken nose
I think the broken nose might be Gemon Green who was the guy getting hit by a helmet in the second video and that is presumably what started things. Someone went after Green, McBurrows, who is out for the year, came up to help his teammate, then he got jumped.

I will say that so far MSU has done all the right things and to be honest I don’t really think Tucker is the kind of guy who is going to go light.

Reactions: bozclone

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Sheesh. Can they not stagger the entrance/exits for teams? Seems like beyond how bad of a look that is, some logistical changes could lower the chances of this happening.
i get its michigan/mich st but michigan has been playing games in that stadium with that setup forever and have had very minimal issues, if any to this degree.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
As long as his recruiting classes stay strong he is fine. This year is a huge let down and it is starting to effect the recruiting class but it’s a little early to be calling for his head. Incidents like this certainly don’t help

He was one of the worst defensive coordinators in Chicago Bear history.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hope Michigan St fans are happy with the HUGE extension they gave Tucker. How's that turning out for ya?

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclone06

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I will hold judgement until hearing the whole story. Was Michigan player trash talking and getting in MSU player's faces after the victory. Not that it justifies a group of MSU players jumping 1 or 2 Michigan players.

Regardless, there is NO place in college athletics for this kind of crap!!!

I tend to think that money has and is corrupting college D1 sport. And I put University Presidents responsible for chasing the almighty dollar at all costs. Priorities in Football and Men's Basketball are hurting both sports. The reality is university Presidents and AD's have PROFESSIONALIZED 2 sports where 18-22 year olds are the human capital.

Obviously, the full story should dictate punishment. But if a group of MSU players attacked and injured a Michigan player, those parties should be suspended the rest of the season.

This is a huge leap. Guys have been hot headed and got in fights way before there was this kind of money in D1 sports.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Few things:

1.) Hilarious that the resident Spartan can’t just eat this and has to resort to “both sidesing” the night game, Walmart fans, and racist chants. None of which are the players ganging up on an opponent.

2.) Those players are dumbasses and clearly frustrations are boiling over and it’ll be interesting to see if the rest of the players get up for Tucker the rest of the year.

3.) The amount of pearl clutching any time these fights happen is hilarious and the arbitrary nature of how the punishment works is never not funny. We all watch this violent sport for hours every week. These guys have been training to be the most violent and physical they can possibly be. The moment the violent person does a violent thing at the wrong time, everyone is up in arms. Myles Garret, Aaron Donald, Michigan State whoever.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This is a huge leap. Guys have been hot headed and got in fights way before there was this kind of money in D1 sports.
Listen, I don't have a problem with fighting. If a guy wants to drop gloves and go one-on-one with someone, have at it. I draw a line somewhere before swinging a helmet at someone who doesn't have a helmet on and singling out a guy and using 6 guys to stomp him. Fights happen in football a lot and that's understandable. This was something other than that.