JTS Improvements - Want More

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Check back later tonight. There is a meeting with big donors tonight which I assume is a preview of what they’re going to announce on Monday. I’m sure it will be the talk of the RV Village tonight.
Wonder why they didn't contact me? 1663541471075.png

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I’m surprised nothing has leaked yet before the Monday public release. Then again maybe it’s in the patreon board which makes sense.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
Concessions lines on Saturday were once again terrible. I know this has been discussed before but it is ridiculous that a person can leave 3 minutes before half to go get something and not get back before the second half is 3 minutes gone. Then on top of it an $11 walking taco jeez.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Concessions lines on Saturday were once again terrible. I know this has been discussed before but it is ridiculous that a person can leave 3 minutes before half to go get something and not get back before the second half is 3 minutes gone. Then on top of it an $11 walking taco jeez.
Hard to mix a proper cocktail when the lines are so long. One good thing to come with cooler weather will be the opportunity to wear my bar cart coat into the games. Won’t have to wait in line to get a coke.

• Useful
  • Funny
Reactions: Cycsk and NWICY

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
  • Haha
Reactions: Nor'easter

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
https://myemail.constantcontact.com...alled.html?soid=1113777742618&aid=_uHZ_gjCVls

New Jack Trice Sculpture to be installed this month in front of the stadium. I was hoping for more of an actual bronze statue, will be interesting to see what it looks like in real life, it isn't really blowing me away at the moment but we'll see.

View attachment 104024
That’s really cool. The football facilities just keep getting better. Any chance we can get a webcam up and running for the install of this artwork?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
https://myemail.constantcontact.com...alled.html?soid=1113777742618&aid=_uHZ_gjCVls

New Jack Trice Sculpture to be installed this month in front of the stadium. I was hoping for more of an actual bronze statue, will be interesting to see what it looks like in real life, it isn't really blowing me away at the moment but we'll see.

View attachment 104024
Its fine, I also am one that is not blown away by it. Probably, because I don't get abstract art. I do get what they are trying to portray here. But I am just not a big fan of artistic elements that are very abstract. Its cool, some will really like it, which is fine. I'm not going to knock it for what it is. Just not my style. I am probably more like you I would rather see something more realistic than abstract. Maybe something of an action statue of Jack from one of the pictures of his games.

But, this is cool and there is a place for this too. So like I said, any addition is good with me, some will love this, some won't. Some like Pepsi, some like Coke. What it stands for and represents and where it is, is the point.

I still love everything that they are doing. Still waiting for the big budget movie done about Jack. I would even take an ESPN movie done in the style of The Junction Boys.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Wow I didn’t know they were doing this.
Anyone know much about this hybrid grass/turf?

Very nice! I know a lot of us were talking about how they should put the hybrid stitching on the new field.

Essentially what it's designed to do is make the roots stronger, and will ideally prevent slipping due to the turf being ripped up. The Packers use it at Lambeau and most Premier League soccer teams use it as well.

• Informative
Reactions: cygrads

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seems like something rather major to be doing in mid-season. Why didn't they do this earlier? Did they need roots to grow in place for a while?