Find a Big 12 win

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I think a lot of people need to realize the youth on this team, and this is the year they are going to play a lot of really close games and likely not win many of them. But next year with experience I fully expect to flip most, if not all of these games. You watching what a program not named Alabama, Ohio State, etc. go through when they have a senior-laden class leave.
That’s not an excuse for the Oline as they are supposed to be sooo “experienced”. KU has an average defense and look at the problems they caused.

Last edited:

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Ok let's not be fricking stupid people. They will win multiple games. Calling it. There isn't a single team we can't compete with/beat. We shall see about Oklahoma State I guess. But who feels worse? Us or OU? The Sooners look like an absolute dumpster fire and Texas Tech is absolutely winnable. Hell this team wouldn't shock me one bit to turn around and beat Kansas State.

I think a lot of people need to realize the youth on this team, and this is the year they are going to play a lot of really close games and likely not win many of them. But next year with experience I fully expect to flip most, if not all of these games. You watching what a program not named Alabama, Ohio State, etc. go through when they have a senior-laden class leave.
Problem is we had tons of talent and experience last year and lost all the close games except 1.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Problem is we had tons of talent and experience last year and lost all the close games except 1.
**** happens. The season before that we won the Fiesta Bowl and were an eyelash away from winning the Big 12. But let’s not forget that or anything. Last years team clearly wilted under the expectations.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
That’s not an excuse for the Oline as they are supposed to be sooo “experienced”. KU has an average defense and look at the problems they caused.
Didn’t realize my statement was a blanket one for EVERY position. Got it. There is a lot of inexperience everywhere and the biggest one is at QB. Guy has the talent but is still going to have to take his licks and learn. The o-line has been and will continue to be crap because our coaching there is not P5 level IMO. Why do you think the defense just keeps plugging in new guys every year and off they go? Heacock can actually coach so experience starts to matter.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo
Are we the worst team in the Big 12 right now? Yeah, I think we are.

But we’ve got seven games left to see how this team can grow. We haven’t been in this spot since 2019. I’m curious to see how we can look on offense with Remsberg, Norton, and Brock back.

I’ll call it. Iowa State finishes 7-5. Wins over Kansas State, Oklahoma, West Virginia, and Texas Tech the rest of the way.
We have not grown at all in 5 games. What makes you think we will grow thoughout next 7?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Based on how they've played the past two games, Oklahoma looks very beatable. Especially with that game being at home.

Reactions: CYaeger and aauummm