Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The production and announcing crew goes down in quality the further away you get from ESPN.
It also diminishes within ESPN. The ESPNU & ESPN+ crews are hit or miss.

I target games to watch, don't really pay attention if they are on ABC or FS1. I don't use channel listing in FUBO, instead use the tab/folders to drill down within Sports tab. It can be frustrating if a game goes long and I decide to channel surf during a commercial break. Can be hard to find original game since the tiles have been "archived".

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Never been a fan of adding Houston since we already have 3 schools in Texas.

But I have warmed up to UCF. The Big12 gains exposure in a highly populous state and area we recruit extensively. IMO UCF, Cincy and BYU could all be consistent top 25 programs.
We’ve also elevated potential future competition. Time will tell of course.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Would like to see Houston and UCF ditched to save Oregon St and Wazzu.
Nope. There's actual people in Houston and Orlando.

I mean, I actually feel bad for those two, they did nothing wrong, but i'd rather them lose the geography lottery than Iowa State and Kansas State.

Reactions: Acylum

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Nope. There's actual people in Houston and Orlando.

I mean, I actually feel bad for those two, they did nothing wrong, but i'd rather them lose the geography lottery than Iowa State and Kansas State.
Yeah, they got people but very few in Houston give a flying eff about UH football. UCF has more local interest but the vast majority of their alums have more interest in UF and FSU football which is typical of commuter schools like them.

If they end up being relegated, the devastation to Oregon St and Wazzu athletics and both schools will be immense. and highly unfortunate. And if ORWA end up in the B12, Oregon St and Wazzu very likely will as well and if it is at the expense of UH and UCF, great news IMO.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: hlb76

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
“Makes me sick for WSU and OSU, and any other that may be left behind. This will be the first P5 conference that folds and leaves P5 programs looking to join G5. Those schools don't deserve that. They seem to be better programs than Vandy, Northwestern, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, etc.”

That and if we are being non biased and truthful Iowa State wasn’t that far off of being a WSU or OSU. Pollard made 2 terrific hires and suddenly we get to turn our nose up at those trying to get to where we are at.
If the PAC had decided to poach schools last year from the hateful 8 there was no guarantee ISU would have made the cut. I saw some speculation of ISU, KU, TTU, OSU, but there were others that were saying they would have taken the Texas schools and left us out to dry. Even with how far ISU has come.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Defiantly not getting SEC or B1G money.

2020 viewership proved that TV timeslots MATTER as much or more than brands. Put ISU vs KU this Saturday on CBS at 3:30 and they'll do 4+ million.
Network matters most, then timeslot, across the board you can see the top games regardless of teams are always on nationwide OTA channels Followed by ESPN in best time spots.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
If the PAC had decided to poach schools last year from the hateful 8 there was no guarantee ISU would have made the cut. I saw some speculation of ISU, KU, TTU, OSU, but there were others that were saying they would have taken the Texas schools and left us out to dry. Even with how far ISU has come.
Good thing PAC 12 (-2) leadership is too arrogant to recognize how to save a P5 conference.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
We would have had a better chance of getting grabbed by the ACC than the PAC I think in that scenario. The ACC could have very well grabbed WVU and ISU, maybe a couple more if the Big 12 was fully falling apart like that.

Now the Big 12 has a better chance of doing the opposite. Adding schools from the best of what is left of those conferences, or merging with one or both.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The PAC is getting lowball offers because the Network wants the PAC gone. Split up the PAC between the B1G and Big12. In ten years the ACC will be split up between the P3.
Could be they are getting low-ball offers because ESPN & Fox are expecting further teams to jump to Big10 or SEC.

Is this now a chicken/egg deal.
  • Schools don't want to commit to a 5-7 year GOR if the offer is sub their expectation for Pac10 or what Big12 might be whispering.
  • Media partners are hesitant to make a market offer without schools committing to a 5-7 GOR. It might be harder for a media partner to take money off the table down the line.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We’ve also elevated potential future competition. Time will tell of course.
It might not prove to be a good thing for ISU. But adding top 25 programs to the Big12 is critical to keeping Big12 competitive with Big10 & SEC.

The Big12 has to make it tough for national media to discount the Big12. Also, Cincy's performance the last two years shows how a non-blue blood can catch lightning in a bottle and not allow the national media to ignore them in rankings. They did catch a break by having ND on their schedule last year.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
AKA I don't trust Warren a lot to work with him. Can't tell if he is really smart or is very slow witted. Had a guy at the bank that the head lender had. He came in one day after buying some livestock and needed a note (purchase agreement notes are a little less risky so that helped). Told the other guy the next day and told him he made me nervous, the other lender told me that he couldn't figure out if this guy was so smart that he struggled to convey stuff or was about a quarter of a deck short and was just slow. Same impression here.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhoISthis

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron