Backup QB thoughts

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
It seemed Rocco was in with the starting OL. Announcers even said that they thought CMC wanted the starting OL to get more work. I think CMC was unsure about the 2's on the OL and wanted to give Rocco as much protection (avoid injury) as possible. But he was under pressure anyway.

Reactions: superiorcyclone

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
In the first game I thought Rocco’s passes were excellent, just had called PI’s that stopped completions. Yesterday didn’t feel as sharp, but as one poster mentioned he had lots of pressure. Cook looked good.

Last edited:

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
In the first game I thought Rocco’s passes were excellent, just had called PI’s that stopped completions. Yesterday didn’t feel as sharp and as one poster mentioned he had lots of pressure. Cook looked good.
You’re thinking that from two passes? One of which he did a good job eluding pressure and throwing on the run.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Rocco might be a good QB with a rocket arm, but watching him warm up, I cannot get over how strange his mechanics are. When he loads up, his arm is in such an awkward, unnatural looking position that it seems unbelievable how smoothly the ball ends up coming out. I don’t know how to explain it any better and maybe you have to see it in person to get the full effect but once you see it, you can’t unsee it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
With Myles Mendeszoon, Carston Marshall and Will McLaughlin playing the way they are?
That’s fair. I think I just need to see more. The #1 guys we have in there now are just dudes.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Cook has really good size.

It's so hard to tell on the backups when they are also in there with the backups. I assume they would look a little better if they had Hutchinson out there.

• Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think Cook is the #2 right now but they see Rocco as the future. RB won't play more than 4 games. Cook as of now steps in for an injury.
I agree. I think in situations with the outcome still in doubt, we’d see Cook first.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

Help Support Us

Become a patron