Stewart Mandel’s (LOSER) Big 12 predictions: Is it K-State’s year in a conference of change?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Just utter preseason nonsense because old Stewart can’t come up with something solid. He’s probably picking the hoks to win the Big14 or whatever number they have this week.

• Haha
Reactions: 0u812

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Why do people pay attention to this moron? He's proven he terrible at covering PAC-12, so his takes on the Big 12 are going to be even worse. What's worse than terrible...abysmal?

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
What's with the Adrian Martinez love? The dude was always so hyped up at Nebraska but never delivered. He never did much at Nebraska, with a 1.5 TD:Int ratio and a completion percentage below 64%. Nebraska constantly brought in high 4 star wide receivers, but that didn't do much for Martinez to make his numbers look any decent. Sure, he can run, but so can most quarterbacks in the conference. The only fun fact I learned about Martinez, while looking up his stats, is that he has one career punt for 45 yards.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
K-State getting pumped up by everyone is going to make their crash back to Earth glorious.
I just rewatched us beating K-State at their place last year and don't see it. Martinez is going to be better than Skylar Thompson? I don't think so. And I saw on twitter some other noob was predicting Nebraska to go 10-2 and win their division, with Iowa finishing 7-5. So Martinez leaving Nebraska for K-State apparently improved Nebraska and K-State exponentially. Makes very little sense to me.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I just rewatched us beating K-State at their place last year and don't see it. Martinez is going to be better than Skylar Thompson? I don't think so. And I saw on twitter some other noob was predicting Nebraska to go 10-2 and win their division, with Iowa finishing 7-5. So Martinez leaving Nebraska for K-State apparently improved Nebraska and K-State exponentially. Makes very little sense to me.
Yeah. The math doesn't add up there. Texas, Nebraska, Miami, Florida State just aren't the same anymore. Until people get this through their head, these schools will always be overhyped and overrated each year.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Kansas finished last in the North in 2009 and 2010. Once divisions were eliminated starting in 2011 they have finished better than last place ONE TIME (which was a 9th place finish). They have seven straight last place finishes. Picking them 8th is ignoring a whole lot of history.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
As big of a douche as Stew is, I’m happy someone finally predicted Texas to suck. How many years are national writers going to give them the benefit of the doubt while they continue to be a let down?

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Kansas finished last in the North in 2009 and 2010. Once divisions were eliminated starting in 2011 they have finished better than last place ONE TIME (which was a 9th place finish). They have seven straight last place finishes. Picking them 8th is ignoring a whole lot of history.
Yeah the Kansas prediction is maybe more absurd than the K State prediction.

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Some notes:

Has K-State going 10-2 and winning the conference.

Title game: K-State over Baylor.

Iowa State at 7-5 (5-4)

TCU/Texas finishing 4-8 with 2 conference wins a piece.

OU going 7-5 and 5-4 in conf.

The funniest thing about it all- Stewie has Nebraska predicted to go 4-8 and with OU at 7-5 it means that Nebraska has to lose to GA Southern/North Dakota or OU has to lose to Kent State/UTEP. His excuse? Nebraska having to fly back from Ireland.

His order of finish:

K-State
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Iowa State
West Virginia
Tx Tech
KANSAS
Texas
TCU
I seriously don't understand the K-State love that I'm hearing from so many pundits.

I don't see 10-2 as remotely a possibility for them at all. In fact, while I wouldn't predict it, I think ISU has a better chance of going 10-2 than K-State. And we will beat them in Ames this season too IMO.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I know you are a hawk fan and Cowherd hurt your fanbase with the fake ID thing but I seriously don't think he belongs with those other two blowhards.
There was a thread on this very site a day or two ago about Cowherd's ridiculous top 25. He's absolutely in the same conversation, IMO.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They won’t be good but I have a tough time thinking TCU will be that big of a shitbag.

On the other hand sign me up every day for KU finishing ahead of Texas so long as one of their wins isn't ISU obviously.

I'd also take 7-5/5-4 record for ISU.