Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’d be surprised if he didn’t stick with his commitment. It’d be pretty hard as a legacy to commit to your dad’s school and then go somewhere else.
Yeah I don't think there's much to worry about with his commitment.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Did Iowa even offer him a PWO? Lol.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. Not like PWO spots are super lucrative. That's all ISU offered him and it sounds like he's in line for a scholarship, so that's all that really matters now.

• Disagree
Reactions: 7Got6

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
After losing the best QB and RB in ISU history, along with Rose, a good chunk of both lines, and half the defensive backfield? Sure anything is possible but 10-2 doesn't seem realistic looking at it objectively.

I don't think that 10-2 is a super realistic ceiling either, but I also don't believe that they're going to fall off a cliff after losing those players. They've recruited better than ISU ever has. OL losses are minimal, really. And they return some all-conference type players in Hutchinson, Downing, McDonald, Johnson. The cupboard isn't as bare as some people think.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I don't think that 10-2 is a super realistic ceiling either, but I also don't believe that they're going to fall off a cliff after losing those players. They've recruited better than ISU ever has. OL losses are minimal, really. And they return some all-conference type players in Hutchinson, Downing, McDonald, Johnson. The cupboard isn't as bare as some people think.
To be clear I don't think the cupboard is bare by any means or that ISU will finish under .500. Someone posted a season record poll on here a little while back and I voted for 7-5 but 8-4 also seems very realistic. Hall was such a stud and Purdy was a 3+ year starter so I was mainly surprised someone said 10-2. Who knows though, if Dekkers is as good as people say he is then you guys could definitely surprise.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I don't know any more than the rest here, but apparently, yes. Lol. Sounds like he had a couple names he posted with on here and both got the boot. He went all in on spreading false and defamatory crap about Xavier N. taking illegal payments to commit to Iowa, someone close to XN caught wind of it and contacted CF about it, I think there might've been a lawsuit threatened, not certain on that though.
That's pretty ******. He was losing it right as I took a break

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have zero clue why Twins and Brandon kept hammering that rumor. Seems like they were either getting horrible information or they were jealous Iowa got X and made it up? Weird.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy and 1776

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
To be clear I don't think the cupboard is bare by any means or that ISU will finish under .500. Someone posted a season record poll on here a little while back and I voted for 7-5 but 8-4 also seems very realistic. Hall was such a stud and Purdy was a 3+ year starter so I was mainly surprised someone said 10-2. Who knows though, if Dekkers is as good as people say he is then you guys could definitely surprise.
Honestly, I picked 7-5 as well. But I think that the spread is anywhere between 5-7 and 8-4.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not that I saw anywhere
No offense, but PWO offers just aren’t reported as much as full rides. I figured with him being a local kid plus a legacy, he would have a PWO offer. Maybe not. It’s not like I’m claiming it as a recruiting victory, as either school would have offered if they thought he was a sure thing.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I have zero clue why Twins and Brandon kept hammering that rumor. Seems like they were either getting horrible information or they were jealous Iowa got X and made it up? Weird.
Lol, there was no information, he was butthurt and started dragging a HS kid by accusing him of taking illegal payments. And some around here apparently are ok with that. I hope he's getting the help he needs.

Reactions: Nate STANley

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Funny that ISU isn’t on here and Rutgers, Illinois, NW, and Nebraska are.
Just figured the analysts would look at ISU as a competitive team with Iowa. It is almost always a close game. I can't imagine most Hawkeye fans feel as confident to beat ISU this year as they do the other 4 you mentioned. Unless they haven't really thought about what ISU has this year. Plus those other teams have had fairly poor records lately while we go to bowl games every year including a NY6 bowl win. But I understand an Iowa fan would want to lump ISU in with those others. We do manage to lose the CyHawk every year.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Any nervousness from ISU fans about Kohl being continually targeted by blue bloods?

Sounded like OSU at least kicked the tires and now Auburns offered and had some level conversations. One one hand it’s flattering obviously. On the other, why is even talking to other schools?

With the speed he told OSU to move on, you can rest assured he is pretty firmly committed.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Just figured the analysts would look at ISU as a competitive team with Iowa. It is almost always a close game. I can't imagine most Hawkeye fans feel as confident to beat ISU this year as they do the other 4 you mentioned. Unless they haven't really thought about what ISU has this year. Plus those other teams have had fairly poor records lately while we go to bowl games every year including a NY6 bowl win. But I understand an Iowa fan would want to lump ISU in with those others. We do manage to lose the CyHawk every year.

ESPN FPI has Iowa winning the CyHawk game at like 53%. So that is pretty close to a coin flip.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron