Iowa Football Recruiting

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
No, the actual point is that the CyHawk game is always competitive, even when one team is far superior to the other. No matter how good the teams come in, or end up, the game could go any way. That is why ISU wasn't marked as a sure win. It's not that complex.
It’s the exact same with Iowa vs Nebraska?

• Agree
Reactions: criticalobserver

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We’re not talking about programs lol. This year you don’t think ISU vs Nebraska would be a good game?
I don’t know honestly. I think if it was in Lincoln then maybe but if it’s a home game for us, I think we’d handle them.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
We’re not talking about programs lol. This year you don’t think ISU vs Nebraska would be a good game?
Stop trying to make Nebraksa football happen
00-look-2-regina-george-mean-girls-throwback-thursday-640x480.jpg

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
It could be, but it would be unexpected. ISU is a proven commodity with proven coaching. Whereas Nebraska has brought in a whole lot of transfers, and are placing a lot of stock in a QB guy that ISU completely dominated last year causing him to be benched and after which he lost his starting job. And Nebraska coaches have lost year after year after year. So this year they have a whole bunch of transfer players and transfer coaches. So there is no basis whatsoever to presume they are going to be better this year. They might be, and their schedule is easier. But until they prove otherwise, they are a dismal team with questionable coaching. I live in Omaha, I am thoroughly informed daily on every minute detail of the Huskers.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
It could be, but it would be unexpected. ISU is a proven commodity with proven coaching. Whereas Nebraska has brought in a whole lot of transfers, and are placing a lot of stock in a QB guy that ISU completely dominated last year causing him to be benched and after which he lost his starting job. And Nebraska coaches have lost year after year after year. So this year they have a whole bunch of transfer players and transfer coaches. So there is no basis whatsoever to presume they are going to be better this year. They might be, and their schedule is easier. But until they prove otherwise, they are a dismal team with questionable coaching. I live in Omaha, I am thoroughly informed daily on every minute detail of the Huskers.
Iowa State lost all their production after a 7-6 year and Nebraska brought in a lot of new talent with the best WR coach in the country. A good game between those two teams would not be “unexpected.” Brett McMurphy had Nebraska as his #25 team in the nation and I guarantee he didn’t even consider Iowa State.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Iowa State lost all their production after a 7-6 year and Nebraska brought in a lot of new talent with the best WR coach in the country. A good game between those two teams would not be “unexpected.” Brett McMurphy had Nebraska as his #25 team in the nation and I guarantee he didn’t even consider Iowa State.
Not sure where to start, but this is far from the truth.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Nebraska always gets the benefit of the doubt in preseason rankings. And they haven't made a bowl in what, 8 years? Not saying it wouldn't be a close game if they played this year, but preseason rankings are always crap. I'm sure that the national people see what ISU lost and think that they'll fall off a cliff since they haven't been recruiting at a top 25 level. They probably think that Campbell got lucky on a couple of underrated guys and he's not going to be able to duplicate it. And at the end of the year, after another bowl game, Campbell will be at the top of the wish list for every major opening.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well Iowa State was rated #6? to start the year last year and look how that worked out for us lol. Preseason rankings are fun until the games start being played.

And no we didn’t lose all of our production. We bring back a lot of good defensive guys, plug in another veteran 4 star running back and still have arguably the best WR in the conference. Not to mention we also have recruited well ourselves.

I don’t understand the **** riding of Nebraska lol. Like they have not been a good team lately. Competitive sure but they have literally won jack **** against good teams. I’d highly doubt that changes because they got a good WR coach.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
You are right for once. Nebraska is going to be so good that I have Nebraska beating Iowa to close the season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I’d also like to point out that Iowa State made Casey Thompson and Texas’s offense look like absolute dog water last year. He went 2-6 and 2 passing yards before getting pulled because he was that bad against us.

Not that I don’t think he can’t be good but in the hypothetical matchup between us and Nebraska, I would love to see him again.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Lost a lot of production*, big question at LBs, unproven QB. Don’t know how it’s possible to say it would be “unexpected” for ISU vs Nebby to be a good game lol.
LB depth maybe, Vance & Vaughn are solid players and it’s possible Reeder will be the best of the 3.

That trio will have a pretty high floor, and I’m guessing at least one younger player steps up at LB as they have every year in the Campbell era.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Iowa vs Nebraska has been close every single year besides 2018 I think? Nebraska is also a preseason top 25 team to some, yet ISU>Nebraska?
Never thought I could ever think you could get any dumber and then you go and post this.

Preseason AP top 25 teams receiving votes.
Yale 7
Nebby 0
Nate STANley freaking moron.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: cycloner29