Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Enjoy!

hawksuck75

Mar 25, 2006
Chicago, IL
For someone who went to UO and lived in the State of Oregon a long time. Canzano used to be the lead Sports Columnist for The Oregonian (Biggest Paper in the State) and has had a local sports talk radio show for decades. Left the paper to do his own thing last year. Really good writer but knows how to get under peoples skin and have hot takes. I'm really excited for the Wilner interview. He is probably the biggest Pac-12 Insider out there in terms of a journalist.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It would be nice if everybody could agree it’s natural and fine for Hunter to be treated like a typical basketball villain (not a real life villain, a basketball villain like Marcus Smart), it doesn’t mean he wasn’t totally within his understandable rights making that choice, but facing angry ISU fans 2-3 times is just the reality of that choice.

It’s not like 100% of us didn’t already dislike Texas more than normal this season anyway, Texas is going to get extra boos at all 8 true big 12 venues this year.

But I’m sure the “he’s just a kid helping his family” police will demand he be loved by all as if supporting Texas is somehow part of being a good person.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It would be nice if everybody could agree it’s natural and fine for Hunter to be treated like a typical basketball villain (not a real life villain, a basketball villain like Marcus Smart), it doesn’t mean he wasn’t totally within his understandable rights making that choice, but facing angry ISU fans 2-3 times is just the reality of that choice.

It’s not like 100% of us didn’t already dislike Texas more than normal this season anyway, Texas is going to get extra boos at all 8 true big 12 venues this year.

But I’m sure the “he’s just a kid helping his family” police will demand he be loved by all as if supporting Texas is somehow part of being a good person.
Great points....and also, watch pre-game as he hugs and embraces his friends on our team....they get it and still like him, too.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I’d love to just get riled up and hate on Tyrese and have that be the outrage of the day or week, but I just don’t care anymore. Lol.

Reactions: Cydkar

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

It might be different if he played like he had one foot out the door but he played his ass off for Iowa State including what should be remembered as an all time ISU performance in the NCAAs.

I'm personally someone who never had anything against guys like Lafrentz, Collison, etc. for going to KU and with how transferring has already been going the last 2-3 years, I'm not even sure how angry people will be about it by January.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
College basketball has become such a revolving door (except Fran, who keeps his crappy guys six years) that I have a hard time loving or hating any of them much any more. I doubt we ever have a bunch like Georges, Naz, Matt, and Monte around ever again. I have no idea what Tyrese said and I don’t really care.

Reactions: 2122

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
College basketball has become such a revolving door (except Fran, who keeps his crappy guys six years) that I have a hard time loving or hating any of them much any more. I doubt we ever have a bunch like Georges, Naz, Matt, and Monte around ever again. I have no idea what Tyrese said and I don’t really care.

One of the worst side effects is “Tyrese” should be Tyrese Halliburton who hangs in Ames in off seasons and has a good chance to sign at or near NBA max contract soon.

If I say Tyrese and ISU basketball I’m talking about a guy who is top ten on planet earth in steals, assists and nearly 3pt% (11th).

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Nailed it. He played hard while at ISU. Now he’s at Texas and I hope he goes 0-10 against ISU. I don’t really care how he plays otherwise. I don’t wish success or failure any differently than I do any other player.

If fans want to cheer for him or boo him, who cares. Tyrese is a tough kid and I don’t think his feelings will be hurt. It’s just fun and entertainment. Don’t make it personal, don’t make it over the top, and never boo your own players. After that, who cares. Players at this level tend to have fun with getting booed.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86 and HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It might be different if he played like he had one foot out the door but he played his ass off for Iowa State including what should be remembered as an all time ISU performance in the NCAAs.

I'm personally someone who never had anything against guys like Lafrentz, Collison, etc. for going to KU and with how transferring has already been going the last 2-3 years, I'm not even sure how angry people will be about it by January.

It’ll only sting for me if Texas is like a final four team with him carrying them. Any kind of average success and it’ll be no big deal because I did really like the kid here. Our recruiting and transfer class removed 90% of the salt from my immature wounds.