2022 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +4)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Sorry to bring up the team from the East, but decades of them snatching Central and western Iowa recruits away from ISU drives me freaking crazy

Especially when that program should of been handed the Death Penalty 2 years ago. It's like they never missed a beat

2022 class? two 4-star recruits from Central Iowa;
one 3-star from Central Iowa
one 3-star from NW Iowa

obviously they made a deal with the devil years ago,
Gosh, if only there were a whole forum for that.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Sorry to bring up the team from the East, but decades of them snatching Central and western Iowa recruits away from ISU drives me freaking crazy

Especially when that program should of been handed the Death Penalty 2 years ago. It's like they never missed a beat

one 3-star from NW Iowa

Nebraska stealing recruits was worse. Not really a problem anymore.

Iowa is one bad hire from returning to the futility of the 60s & 70s. Kirk can't coach forever.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

one 3-star from NW Iowa

Never underestimate the Pro Hok media in that state. They indoctrinate kids from day 1.

Reactions: jaolson11

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Another Class of ‘22 JC offer. Looks like they’re trying to make this fall’s Cyclone team the best version of itself it can be.

Based on his Twitter sounds like he received recent scholarship offers from Syracuse, Mizzou and ISU. Wonder if schools were holding back until they were sure he was going to graduate this spring.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Cool. But now everybody we think that way about, we'll be wondering if we can 'keep' him here.
why thumbs down? I'm not the only one concerned (not dwelling on it tho) that there will be future Craig McDonald situations and whatever else NIL might stir up.

• Agree
Reactions: LarryISU

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
why thumbs down? I'm not the only one concerned (not dwelling on it tho) that there will be future Craig McDonald situations and whatever else NIL might stir up.
I’m not the one who “thumbs downed” it. But I disagreed.

That was because:

A. Both McDonald and Isheem came here before NIL was a thing. The kids who choose to come here now make the choice of our culture first over that before they ever get here.

I still say there was something up with Craig that we didn’t see.

B. Because whatever will happen will happen. There has always been a chance that any given player in any sport will leave or transfer. I haven’t worried about it before, so there’s no reason now to concern myself with something so entirely outside of my control.

Whatever will be will be.

Now I just need a Doris Day gif.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I’m not the one who “thumbs downed” it. But I disagreed.

That was because:

A. Both McDonald and Isheem came here before NIL was a thing. The kids who choose to come here now make the choice of our culture first over that before they ever get here.

I still say there was something up with Craig that we didn’t see.

B. Because whatever will happen will happen. There has always been a chance that any given player in any sport will leave or transfer. I haven’t worried about it before, so there’s no reason now to concern myself with something so entirely outside of my control.

Whatever will be will be.

Now I just need a Doris Day gif.
The thing that sucks is thinking about mid-3 star kids coming here as "hidden gems" that progress into great players, and there is a possibility of them going elsewhere to increase their draft stock, or whatever the reason may be.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
The thing that sucks is thinking about mid-3 star kids coming here as "hidden gems" that progress into great players, and there is a possibility of them going elsewhere to increase their draft stock, or whatever the reason may be.
I agree. Although we just had 4 players drafted, and I think we will have more going forward. I think we can now make the argument that we can get you a shot at the NFL.

The bigger "reason" we will lose our hidden gems is pay-for-play. I just don't see us being a major player in that game. We love our Cyclones but there are not likely many (or even any) of us willing to put up huge sums of cash to get recruits to come here. But a lot of fanbases will. It has never been a level playing field, but now it's anything goes. No rules, no limits.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I agree. Although we just had 4 players drafted, and I think we will have more going forward. I think we can now make the argument that we can get you a shot at the NFL.

The bigger "reason" we will lose our hidden gems is pay-for-play. I just don't see us being a major player in that game. We love our Cyclones but there are not likely many (or even any) of us willing to put up huge sums of cash to get recruits to come here. But a lot of fanbases will. It has never been a level playing field, but now it's anything goes. No rules, no limits.
I 'd ove to see each of the remaining 8 reach in and pull a top comitt from OuT with NIL. We can't afford all of them but if each school grabs just one we'd cause some damage.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

PT also factors in, of course. It's weird losing so many defensive players that were either starters or significant contributors.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
PT also factors in, of course. It's weird losing so many defensive players that were either starters or significant contributors.
Excellent point. But, start for ISU and try to put on a football camp for kids that never happens? Or, start for Auburn and get actual cash, or retail sponsors, or whatever deals these other teams like Auburn, Texas A&M or Nebraska are cooking up for their athletes?

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
A third offensive lineman with spring interest. Looks like a bounce back from Boise State.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the not only add another corner to the ‘22 class, but at least one OL as well.